Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

My assigned address could not reach www.telkom.co.za

I could not reach www.telkom.co.za So I checked with an http://isup.me and it was. My address was 165.143.19.59

So I reset the connection, got a 41.xx.yy.zz address and www.telkom.co.za was reachable again.

Later I reset my connection again and got 165.143.1.185. Then www.telkom.co.za was not reachable again.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: My assigned address could not reach www.telkom.co.za

Hi @nroets, please send me a private message with your username and ADSL number.

Highlighted

@NC I was not using ADSL when the error occured. I was using prepaid LTE / 3G. (Also, I could not figure out how to send you a PM).

Highlighted
Contributor

@nroets, wonder if this is a difference between being on a Telkom Mobile tower and roaming on the MTN network. You need to report this to 081180

Highlighted

This issue has not been solved. Today I got 165.144.137.119 and could not reach www.telkom.co.za

Highlighted
Contributor

@nroets, did you report it to 081180 like I suggested? we members cant assist with this type of thing.

Highlighted

The problem reoccurred. This time, I reported it by SMS to 180:

"Technical fault: I could not reach www.telkom.co.za. My IP address was 165.143.0.72. When I have an address from the 41.* range, the problem does not occur."

Highlighted

Here is the reply I received: "Good day. Please use this IP address and see if it works 192.168.1.1 Regards T. Nyoni"

That is why I don't bother contacting 180.

About This Post
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors