Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

New Telkom LTE-A tower status

How can I find out when a new Telkom tower close to my house will be switched on? According to the coverage map it is still off.

I was told that the tower will be switched on sometime this week and as soon as it is on I will be able to order the LTE-A uncapped package

Highlighted
Established Member

Re: New Telkom LTE-A tower status

Walter, pls post the coordinates of the site near your house, then we can have a look and check the status etc.

Highlighted

I clicked on the Telkom Coverage map more or less where the new tower is and this seems to be the co-ordinates:

-26.190677, 28.233061

The tower is in Odendaal road, Dayanglen, Boksburg

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Hi @walterdml, feedback from our mobile network team is that the tower (a lamp post cell) will come online shortly but does not have LTE. In the area of the coordinates that you supplied, there is coverage of 1800Mhz LTE. I am still tryinb to find out if and when there might be LTE-A coverage and the ability to order Uncapped SmartBroadband.

Highlighted

Thanks for the feedback NC. I have a current LTE contract and was hoping that I can upgrade it to a contract with more data as soon as this tower comes online.

I will definitely take out an LTE-A uncapped contract as soon as it becomes available in this suburb.

Highlighted

Hi NC

I would like to know the exact smae thing except i would like to know when the tower is getting more capacity, i have the 30+30 lte package and was told i need to wait for capacity.

here is location

(-25.674466, 28.222283)

Highlighted

Hi there

I would like to know when is the tower being upgraded in this location (-25.674466, 28.222283).

I was told they need to upgrade capacity  so that i can go from 30+30 gigs to the uncapped option.

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 Contributors