Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Night surfer data

Hello, I'm so disappointed. My night surfer didn't kick in last night and instead, my once-off data got depleted. I called your call center and as a solution, I was told to restart my device..really now?? This problem only started yesterday and previously everything was fine. I asked the agent if I can be compensated for my lost data since well it wasn't my fault and the answer was "no". I told her to convert some of my night surfer data to my once-off data and she said it is not possible. I came to this Telkom community to be helped. Can I please have my lost data back?

Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Night surfer data

The same happened to me, I bought that night time 100gig special, next morning ALL my anytime data was gone by the 2nd day of the new month and it only took off some MB from the night time. Called in countless times (8 months later I'm still waiting for them to contact me back). Got ref numbers. Posted here. Tried the chat. I requested the exact same as you, because its not my fault , I wanted night time converted to any time data. That entire month I had live off tethering from my phone because of Telkoms incompetence to explain or even help me. Point is, no they wont help you, they will blame you for not "restarting your device" etc etc, they will give you random and rubbish explanations. Also no one from Telkom reads this site. You can complain till you blue in the face and no - one from Telkom will reach out to you. Its purely just community based because they too lazy to solve their own issues. I honestly don't understand how one can buy Night Time data designed to be used only between 12am-7am, but then it depletes your any(all) time data FIRST just because Telkom says so???!!

@Les2020 wrote:

Hello, I'm so disappointed. My night surfer didn't kick in last night and instead, my once-off data got depleted. I called your call center and as a solution, I was told to restart my device..really now?? This problem only started yesterday and previously everything was fine. I asked the agent if I can be compensated for my lost data since well it wasn't my fault and the answer was "no". I told her to convert some of my night surfer data to my once-off data and she said it is not possible. I came to this Telkom community to be helped. Can I please have my lost data back?

Highlighted

Re: Night surfer data

Dial *180# and go to Telkom SA R manage and deactivate it. Go to Newark and internet connection settings and change your network to the highest available network frequency wether it's 3G/WCDMA only or LTE /4G only Telkom. Request device settings for internet by sending a message to 185 texting "settings" if your device doesn't support automatic setup. Do it at the phone settings on the network section where there is APN and Change authentication type to PAP .
About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors