Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

No LTE signal in LTE area

Hi, I really dont know what to do anymore, we finally aquired the TELKOM LTE uncapped at R699 eventhough we had a ticket number for the R599 deal. Now I got the router and everything but it only picks up 3G which makes the router totally useless, according to the forms a technician shouldve came out to install the LTE antenna which until now I havent seen any technician and its been almost a week. Does Telkom really care about theyre customers if they leave us to battle with service delivery on our own? Please when can I expect my LTE antenna to be installed so I can start using my LTE service.

Moderator Moderator

Re: No LTE signal in LTE area

Hi @ehallaby, there is currently a backlog of instalations for the antenna. I have escalated this request for you.

output_Svao80.gif

Thankyou

Hi , how does one apply for a signal booster to be installed at my residence.
Established Member

Same problem here.  Been waiting for since 2017/02/08.  Every time I call  I get the "The technician will contact you to arrange for the aerial to be installed" crap

For  the manager AW. I have loged case number 19672919 on the second of october 2016. This is still un resolved. A week ago the closed the case and opened a new on with out commeting of addressing the issue. The new case number is 20660499.

I have very weak signal in the area and slow speeds however this was not always the case, when i first recieved this package I could download at 20+ megs now its at best 2. 

Moderator Moderator

Hi @KayosTWM I've directed your query to the support team at 081180. Your case has been linked to another fault. They've escalated to the section responsible for restoring service to normal.

output_Svao80.gif

Hi. I have also been struggling since Nov 2016 when I purchased the Telkom LTE package. My speeds average 2mbps on a daily basis sometimes going up to 4mbps. A technician came out in Dec 2016 and advised that we needed an arial installed and now my average is about 4mbps daily.

I have confirmed that my area is covered for LTE hence my getting the package. my speeds on average should be 10mbps+ minimum and this is so not the case. I have logged numerous calls and faults to no avail. Please could someone advise on what else I could possibly try to improve my speeds. my current reference number is: 20149556. It has been nearly 7 months done the line that I am paying for a service and product that I am not getting. Must say I am very bitter about it Smiley Sad It does feel like we have tried everything and no luck Smiley Sad

Regards

Moderator Moderator

@Nolsy Hi. I've enquired with the support team regarding case 20149556. Sorry it's dragged out so long.

output_Svao80.gif

We have been logging faults since July regarding to LTE is not working in our area Pietermaritzburg, Clarendon area, we keep on resetting it and it does not work.  Phone the call centre and they will give you REF and nothing is happening.  Please could we get some answers as we are in the process to cancell the contract whith Telkom as we do not getting any help.

My Manger also have got LTE with Telkom and he has been asking fro a Technician to come out and install the arial at his new propety who also been asking for this to be done.  Aftern numerous calls to the call centre all they told me the problem has been excelated.  Well this is now 3 months and to date no calls, he has returned the equipment and proof was emailed to Telkom as per the request but no one comes back to say cancellation has been done etc.

About This Post
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 13 Contributors