Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

No internet on lte durban

I have the freeme 20gig package and iv got over 11gigs available, yet i noticed yesterday that my internet on my iphone is showing “telkom 3G” but i have no internet connection. Iv tried restarting the device, changed phones everything! Nothing works.
I eventually changed the carrier in setting to mtn. I now get “mtn 3g” off my telkom card but its very intermittant in its connection. It works for 2-5minutes at a time.
This is ridiculous. Has anyone else in durban or the rest of the country experienced the same issue? Iv tried calling telkom but the simply dont answer, held on for 1hour this morning and still no answer.
This is really pathetic from telkom.
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: No internet on lte durban

Here is a similar post to your question who is also in Durban, check at https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/LTE-3G/Best-external-antenna-for-B315-LTE-router/td-p/8277. This may be caused by the poor signal.

Same problem here in Port Elizabeth. LTE is working fine but no LTE on the unlimited package. Was on the phone yesterday afternoon for 44 minutes before the operator answered the call. I explained to him the problem I have, but he dropped the call because my problem wasn't in his little fault finding book. Pathetic. He did not even phone back.

I went to a Telkom store this morning and I was told that they know about the problem, but they have no idea how long my LTE will still be off. Wow.... great service.

Just some useless info. I live in PE, but whenever I did a speed test on the internet, it always pinged to Durban. Now the last 2 months it pinged to Cape Town. Strange..... exactly when my problems started. 

HI 

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE SINCE YESTERDAY.

TELKOM IS REALLY SUCH A PROBLEM,ALSO FROM DURBAN 

PHONE STUCK  ON "TELKOM 3G' AND IM STILL NOT GETTING ANY JOY.

HAVE THEY RESOLVED YOURS?

[ Edited ]

Established Member

Still no luck. Im going to look at mtn. Sick of these guys and their poor service.

I have had the same issue since Saturday. No internet, even though my iPad indicates Telkom 3G.

Telkom faults have not come back to me and I am not going to even waste my precious time calling them. Nor am I going to go to Telkom Gateway and spend an hour waiting for service, and I use that word very lightly.

You would think that Telkom would post something somewhere advising it's loyal customers, the ones that make them R millions, eaxctly what is going on. Hopefully somebody will get back to me with an asnwer or a solution, but I doubt it. I cant tell you how many people I know who have dumped Telkom out of sheer frustraion, and I can see us heading the same way soon.

Sadly, Telkom and service do not go hand in hand.

Established Member

Down too. Telkom unlimited LTE. Durban area. No notifications. No outages page. The usual GFY service level from Telkom.

Needless to say, I also have no LTE coverage in Durban since last week Sunday.No technician has come to fix the reported fault, no operator at any of the various customer care call-in centres or online facilities have any idea as what needs to be done. One even suggested to replacing the SIM card. No luck...

Here is my point, it seems that all the uncapped LTE customers are being affected, those who signed contracts about 20 months ago.  Now suddenly our internet access is cut and no one is willing to assist. I suspect TELKOM wants us to renew our contracts. Well, I for one, will not!

TELKOM has outsourced all their departments and these third parties have no inclination or desire to maintain the existing client base. The only interest is in getting new customers... or is that victims? 

About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 Contributors