Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

No network connection

Hi,

I have wireless LTE with telkom and have had no network connection in the last 2 weeks. When on the odd ocation it manages to connect to the network, I have then have no internet connection. 

I have already done a sim swop and bought a new router (Huawei B315) but still no luck.  I also have gone on the Huawei broswer, manually registered on the Telkom G4 netowrk, rebooted my router, turned it off, plugged it out etc. and yet nothing is working.

Can anyone please try and assist me as even the call center people aren't able to assist me and dont even know what i am talking about.

Highlighted

Re: No network connection

Hi Miss Daisy,

I have the same problem now. It has been two weeks without a network and I have done all I could possibly think off. Please update me how you managed to solve the problem. Technician also help regarding this matter because I am now getting frustrated. If there is a shutdown in my area, how do I know?

Highlighted

Good day,

I've got the same issue. LTE has been down since the 26th of May, ticket has been submitted on the 30th of May and still nothing.

Everything has been tried and tested ( Restoring defaults on my Router, doing a manual hard reset, changing the APN name from TelkomSA to TelkomInternet, moving the router to various spots inside of my house, manually registering to networks and also trying to use roaming ).

My router connects to 4G with no signal and no internet access or it connects to 3G with signal but no internet access.

When I take my router to my workplace it connects to 4G and works 100%.

Very upsetting that there is no sense of urgency with these issues and you sign a 2-year contract and pay for something you can't even use :/.

Highlighted

HAVE EXACTELY THE SAME PROBLEM. I have done all of the above. ths has never happened before, has only been going on for the passed 2 weeks. Feel so frustrated, as numerous complaints have been made by different people and no feedback has been given. Has anyone helped you yet or given you advise as to how to solve the probelm?

Highlighted

@stefanievzI have logged a ticket and apparently there is a 9 days waiting period, which means the turnaround time will be around two weeks when waiting for Telkom. Apart from everything I've tried there is still no solution, doesn't help going to Telkom shop either as my router will most likely connect and I'll look like a peanut at the end of the day.

Really hoping that I'll get my data back which I couldn't use last month due to Telkom not working.

Having this problem in the East Rand area just by the way. Please let me know if you manage to get anything out of them.

Highlighted

Reading the posts here has made me very despondent cause it seems as if there is absolutely no way for us to get any assitance from telkom. My router started acting up 3 days ago where it would just drop the connection from lte to 3g for no reason. I have to reset or restart it and then it instantly connects without issues. Till the connection drops again. It can happen once a day or 20 times. There is no pattern. I've come to the forums to try and find a solution but it seems once you sign the contract, telkom couldn't give a flying .... about you. I have ordered a new router and it should be here in 2 days. I hope this solves my issue cause there are no copper or fibre lines close to my place and without wireless I would be stranded. And to make it worse we are stuck in a 2yr contract with a compnay that really cares less about its customers. How nice it is for them to have the monopoly in this useless country.
About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 5 Contributors