Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PATHETIC LTE Speeds Costs Me Over R1000 per month

Speedtest Results.jpeg100gb LTE Package Speedtest Results
Please tell me how any service provider can justify charging over R1000 per month for 100gb of LTE data at speeds so ridiculous that I believe I'd have more stability if I had a landline and pulled out my ancient 33600kbps dial-up modem. And then they're shocked when you don't wish to renew the service?
I know that we live in a 3rd world country, so I don't expect to reach speeds of 90mbps on the plots, but to have to deal with either ZERO connectivity or speeds that allow you to do pretty much nothing at all is not on.

Re: PATHETIC LTE Speeds Costs Me Over R1000 per month

I understand where you're coming from. We've been experiencing the same issue. With YouTube timing out and even our cellphones not being able to Send or receive WhatsApp messages, it's completely ridiculous
Highlighted

If it's during the day and telkoms services are beyond messed up, we usually switch to Rain data, though honestly we shouldn't have to. Their R250 off peak has been treating us well so n telkoms downfall.

I'm having exactly the same problem. They're currently going around in Hout Bay wishes to change businesses to LTE, because they say they can offer speeds of up to 150MBPS, while in fact I am getting 1 and 2MBPS. We've been off most of today - couldn't connect at all. 

When you log faults over the chat line, they tell you to reset and reboot the router - a clear indication that they're working on the LTE network, but, they won't admit it - also, I have done 3 chats to log faults, but, they would start a chat and eventually not talk to you anymore, also not ending a chat, so, you don't get a reference nr...and that way they keep the stats down - it doesn't look as if any LTE faults is being logged.

My advice to anybody - don't go for LTE - wait for Fibre

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors