Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Re: Poor Speeds on Telkom LTE Uncapped

[ Edited ]

So I have not heard back from Telkom in any way or form.

Its been over a month since the initial case had been logged and I have reported it to ICASA. 

Will have to wait for the outcome of that. 

Established Member

@NC

Any idea how i can get this converted to a copper service?

Hi

Not sure if this would help...was exactly in the same boat about a year ago.

I was getting around 1-2Mb DL speeds and was advised to cancel but was not really keen to do that,

About seven months later they sent someone out to install an outdoor antenna and BOOM! 65Mb DL!

The speed has however dropped significantly to around 25-30Mb and upload of 7-10Mb.

Apparently you have to have tons of patience to have an antenna installed,Telkom is the culprit here.

Hi i also have the uncapped package and it was runnig ok ...meaning i was geting 20Mbps but for the last few day it is running at 1.5 or less. this is annoying. are other people experiencing this?????sppedtest 05 aug 2017.png

I'm facing the same problem!!! getting 0,5 Mgbs downlod during the night. I have call the call center on June 2107, someone called after 3 days gave me some techs advices, I applied them with no result!!! Then she told the technician would come to my place to check on the issue, 3 months has passed and this technician never show up!!! I think he is coming riding a turtle with cramps!!!

They keep on sending me this messagem: Good day, Note that your case 20922074 is still in hand with our Networks Department, Further updates will be sent in 7 days. Regards TM-SOC, Telkom Mobile.

Are guys from telkom not ashamed to be deceiving people... What a shame for you as a big company (at least by name) so many people complaining.

You should give the pwoplw their money back and some how reimburse people!!!!!

Your Network is just plain BAD !!!!! i have a case open for more then a year now !!! ,promise a technician will come out and nothing...... im literaly less then 1 km from the tower , have internal , bunny external and the big pointing outdoors antenna ...tried them all ... i used to get speeds of up to 75 mbps ... now i get .015mbps at time and cant even stream anything without it buffering ,even if my Speedtest show 40mbps and FULL Signal ... tried another LTE modem i had same thing , at time my download speed would be less then 1mbps then the upload speed would register 25mbps???  ive made 50+ calls to the call centre ,been 3 times to the walkin store ,but everyone just cant help or get back to me .... paying R 800/month for a service you cant use as promised ,is utterly rediculous !!!! you would get any luck bud ...

Established Member

I am baffled that the Telkom Technicians will come around and tell us stories like we are closer to the tower so there is no need for us to have the external antenna installed yet I am now stucked with DL speed of 0.22 Mbps and this is so anoying as I have done multiple rebooting of the rooter with no improvement to the DL speed.

Same here..  I might have to go back to WebAfrica...

I also have been using Telkom LTE for a few years now and their service has definitely degraded considerably - I also battle to get much better than 5mb/s download versus the 20Mbps I was getting a year or so ago. In the evening it gets even worse and you are barely able to stream services like Netflix etc....

Highlighted

Wow, its 2019 and i am in the same position as you guys, getting the same responses, :-(  

I am on LTE-A, see attached image of the speeds i get. It actually got really bad in the last year or so, was pretty good before. 

I reported the problem in January this year 2019, its now end of May and guess what, i am getting the same responses as what you guys are getting.  

They sent some technicians over, they said the signal is really bad, I told them, that their sales people came and tested and said ok.  I had 3g/lte/lte-a for many years, but they seem to have messed everything in the last year or so for where i am.  I really like having this technology because theres no need for drilling my walls and running cables all over the place, but i dont know what to do now.  They avoid answering my questions for a solution.  I want to cancel, and just go with fibre or something that actually works, definitely not keen on using Telkom anymore, being faithful is not paying off.

Capture.JPG

About This Post
  • 19 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 13 Contributors