Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Poynting External Panel Antenna

Hi,

I've signed up for the "SmartBroadband Uncapped Wireless 3" contract and received the Huawei B315 router, the SIM card and no external antenna.

On the below link it states the following as included hardware for the above mentioned contract; "Huawei LTE Wi-Fi Router + Poynting External Panel Antenna"

https://www.telkom.co.za/today/unlimited-broadband/

On the same page and at the bottom under "The fine print" followed by "About the promotion" it states the following;

"Which router do I get with the SmartBroadband Uncapped Wireless service?

Subscribers will get SIM card, a Huawei LTE Wi-Fi router also receive a Poynting external antenna that will be installed for them by Telkom contractors."

The Telkom Mobile store where I signed up for the contract says that the antenna is not included whereas Telkom advertises it as being included.

Can someone please shed some light as the antenna is not only advertised as being part of the deal but also needed to increase the signal strength?

Thanks.

Moderator Moderator

Re: Poynting External Panel Antenna

Hi @CarlaFerreira, the "SmartBroadband Uncapped Wireless 3" is a new product offering (different to the link you provided) and does not include the free antenna. I am busy finding out when the details will be loaded on our site.

output_Svao80.gif
Established Member

@NC thanks for your reply. Are you saying that the advertised hardware listed as included for the "SmartBroadband Uncapped Wireless 3" deal (which is the deal that I've signed for), is incorrectly advertised on the below link?

https://www.telkom.co.za/today/unlimited-broadband/

Please clarify as if this is the case then is it not false advertising?

Moderator Moderator

Hi. This is a new product and is not on our website yet.

You will notice it is called SmartBroadband Uncapped Wireless 3. For this product, you can expect a follow up call from Telkom to see if you are satisfied with your service. If not, a technician will be dispatched for a site visit where they will determine the best way forward.

output_Svao80.gif
Established Member

[ Edited ]

@NC Thanks for the reply but now I'm lost..

You say; "This is a new product and is not on our website yet. You will notice it is called SmartBroadband Uncapped Wireless 3."

Please have a look at the attached screenshot and kindly clarify.

Thanks.

Telkom Poyting Antenna.JPG

Moderator Moderator

Hi @Claude. You will receive a post sale call where you will rate your experience with the service. At this stage, if performance is not what you expected, a site visit will be arranged and a booster antenna is discussed as an option to improve the service. Our website should be updated by September. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

output_Svao80.gif
Established Member

[ Edited ]

Hi @NC , I've discussed this with one of your call centre colleagues and she said that the external panel antenna IS included and part of the deal (as advertised on the Telkom website). The matter has been excalated and according to her Telkom will send technicians to install the antenna..

Established Member

I applied for the Telkom SmartBroadband Uncapped Wireless deal of R799.00 per month. The initial delivery timeline of 5 to 7 working days was extended to six weeks due to antenna unavailability. The antenna stock issue was confirmed by various Telkom employees on numerous occasions. The router was eventually delivered on Friday, 26 August 2016, without the external poynting panel antenna included. 

Please advise when the antenna will be delivered, as the router performance on its own is not nearly as good as advertised.

Established Member

@Morne I have also not received my antenna and the salesman and other telkom sales staff I have spoken to have told me that it is on back order as they have ran out of stock and should be getting in the first week of September 2016.I recorded the call through my cell so I will see when it happens and ill keep you posted. If they change their mind now then I will return the router and cancel the contract...easy. That is not what i signed up for.

Highlighted
Established Member

I have spoken to telkom today to try and find out when I'll be getting my antenna.... They told me that they don't supply antennas anymore. Even If you tok the contract out in August which clearly states that you get the sim, router and antenna. I will be sending their k@k back to them to cancel the contract as they are not fulfulling the deal.

About This Post
  • 56 replies
  • 28 kudos
  • 13 Contributors