Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Poynting External Panel Antenna

by the way, I became a senior member by writing so many posts on the threads.  Thank you Telkom for the badges and making me feel so important.

Highlighted
Established Member

Hey everybody,

has anyone actually received this poynting antenna? 

we all waiting patiently, being pushed from pillar to post by the almighty telkom.

while our accounts are being debited R799 every month.

Established Member

@Vicky nope, not as far as I'm aware.., maybe @NC has news to share with us such as a delivery date for our antennas?

Moderator Moderator

Hi everyone

It was found that an antenna does not always help to strengthen the signal, and at the cost involvedwith providing and installing one,  it was decided to change the process to first include a site visit to determine what the issue could be. At this stage, an antenna could yet be suggested as a solution.

Please send all your contact and service details in an email to hso@telkom.co.za

output_Svao80.gif
Established Member

@NC

NO, this is unacceptable!

We're paying R799.00 a month for;

1. LTE uncapped (got it)
2. LTE/WiFi Huawei Router (received)

3. SIM card (received)

4. Poynting External Panel Antenna (NOT RECEIVED)

This is PART OF THE CONTRACT that we signed for.., what part of YOU GUYS fulfilling YOUR SIDE of the contract DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

To be honest if you getting LTE speeds of > 30mbps then I dont really see a need for the antenna.  I would be over the moon if I got LTE speeds or even speed test of over 30mbps.  I can give you mines if you like?

Established Member

@Asokan the speed that users are capable of achieving is important but irrelevant in this matter, what is important is that all hardware, that was clearly mentioned on Telkom's website as being part of the deal, be supplied as contractually agreed.

Established Member

Details sent to hso@telkom.co.za. I’m looking forward to seeing the turnaround time compared to the time it took to post a response on this forum!

Established Member

The LTE antenna has FINALLY been delivered, well done Telkom for finally fulfilling your side of the deal!

I am also still waiting, form June, for my antenna!!!!

About This Post
  • 56 replies
  • 28 kudos
  • 13 Contributors