Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Re: Poynting External Panel Antenna

After my lawyers letter stating that they are in the wrong and did not supply all the hardware as stated when I signed up they are coming to install my antenna on Monday 07/11/2016. I'll just have to wait and see.

Established Member

Dear forum members. Yesterday I received a call from a galaxy far, far away. The caller enquired to whether I've received my antenna yet, to which I obviously replied "NOT"! They then informed me that the antenna will be delivered and installed today and we agreed a time.

As I've been hurt before, I didn't believe that this could be happening, but I also didn’t want to give up on humanity after only four months of moaning, groaning, nagging and begging.  I thus took the time off from work to wait in anticipation.

Needless to say that I wasn’t surprised when the appointment time went past without anyone ringing the doorbell. What however surprised me was when I got a call from the contractor to tell me that they were running late, followed by a call from Telkom to also inform me that the contractor was running late.

To make a long story short, I just wanted to inform you that in most cases in life, persistence pays off and that I’m doing this update via my newly installed Poynting External Panel Antenna. I can now indisputably confirm that Telkom’s service is slow, but their LTE is fast. AWith the antenna installed there is indeed a significant change in both the download and upload speeds.

Don’t give up hope, there is life on the other side!

AJR

I purchased the Uncapped LTE package with external antenna in August 2016, when the package arrived the antenna was missing. I immediately queried it with Telkom call centre, they agreed that it did come with the antenna and they said a technician would be scheduled to come and install the antenna. It is now almost 6 months later and nothing has materialised.  I have spent hours on the phone with no success and am desperate to get this issue resolved.

[ Edited ]

Sorry sir@NC

@NC wrote:

Hi @Adriaand, the new Uncapped deals do not automatically come with an atenna anymore. You will however receive a call to rate the service. At that stage, if you are unhappy with performance, a site visit is arranged to take it further. At that stage, the tech will discuss the options, including the possibility of an antenna.

,but that just dont happen.Called them twice since september and up to now -nobody contacted me nevermind been to my place to test signal.I borrowed a friends antena and the speed doubled.Telkom custermor service is non existend seems like.

[ Edited ]

Was also told that they out of stock with antenna but wil let me know when it arives.Month later did enquire"sorry sir no antenna with your deal"

Bledie skelms.

@NC wrote:

Hi everyone

It was found that an antenna does not always help to strengthen the signal, and at the cost involvedwith providing and installing one,  it was decided to change the process to first include a site visit to determine what the issue could be. At this stage, an antenna could yet be suggested as a solution.

Please send all your contact and service details in an email to hso@telkom.co.za

Waist of time.

Highlighted

@NC wrote:

Hi @Adriaand, the new Uncapped deals do not automatically come with an atenna anymore. You will however receive a call to rate the service. At that stage, if you are unhappy with performance, a site visit is arranged to take it further. At that stage, the tech will discuss the options, including the possibility of an antenna.

BULLS...

About This Post
  • 56 replies
  • 28 kudos
  • 13 Contributors