Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Moderator Moderator

Re: Poynting External Panel Antenna

Hi @Adriaand, the new Uncapped deals do not automatically come with an atenna anymore. You will however receive a call to rate the service. At that stage, if you are unhappy with performance, a site visit is arranged to take it further. At that stage, the tech will discuss the options, including the possibility of an antenna.

output_Svao80.gif
Established Member

I understand the new deals does not come with an antenna but i signed up when the antenna was still included. Salesman also said its in the deal just on back order. I have 2 case numbers. One from a call I made and one from hellopeter.com so lets see how long it takes.

Established Member

I also got the same story from Telkom yesterday. I however refused to except that if I order a car and it eventually gets delivered without wheels that I have to just except it and move on. I insisted on speaking to management, after which I was informed that I can log a call for the technicians to visit my house for installation of an antenna which they don’t have. For interest sake, my house is located 230 meters from a LTE tower and the download speed I’m getting is not close to what is being advertised.  

Established Member

And the saga continuous! I’ve been contacted by the technical department to inform me that they can’t help me if I don’t have an antenna. I will have to contact customer care to address the latter! Once I receive one, they will make an appointment to install it for me. What a joke!!!

As this is going nowhere slowly, I’ve decided to log a call with the National Consumer Commission.

Established Member

Any feedback @NC?

Has stock of the antennas arirved yet or still no stock?

Please keep us updated!

Established Member

@NC Tell that to your sales staff mate, when I applied I was told on the call that I will recieve my antenna as soon as stock arrives as it is REQUIRED for optimal performance. So I expect to recieve my antenna to optimize my performance.

It might be optional now, but it was included when I signed up.

Established Member

I've logged this issue on hellopeter.com and with the  National Consumer Commission.

Established Member

The antenna is useless anyway, no speed difference on my side.

Mobile direct offered me the LTE uncapped for R799 during June which I accepted. Apparently this offering did not include the external antenna. My invoice however indicated a simcard, modum and external antenna. I'm willing to purchase the antenne but nobody could give me information where to purchase the antenna from Telkom.

Established Member

They dont have them anymore.
Check here http://poynting.tech/
Model they useto supply XPOL-6-10M
About This Post
  • 56 replies
  • 28 kudos
  • 13 Contributors