Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Re: Poynting External Panel Antenna

Might as well sit down and make yourself comfortable, it's going to take a long time before they resolve anything...
No even the decency to reply, what a joke!

Established Member

I was also promised on 6 seperate occasions that someone would get back to me the same day.

We should made start a trend on twitter #telkomiskak or something like that.

Check when they debit this month..... I'm going to reverse it as i did not enjoy full service this month.

Established Member

I'm delighted!!! After being informed that I will be contacted for delivery of the antenna, I received a sms that the call was closed and ... and ... and ...

I did however also get a sms to rate the service, which I gladly did. Was easy as there was nothing to think about. You can also participate by phoning *120*168#. Once completed they send you another sms to thank you and request for any further comments or suggestions, which I also gladly gave.

Established Member

Logged this issue with the National Consumer Commission and got a call from them to advise that they will allocate it to the applicable department. Got a mail today to inform me that it's been allocated to an investigator at Consumer Affairs. More action received from them than Telkom!

Established Member

Hi All. As this thread has died down, I assume that all of you have received your antennas? Unfortunately the status quo on my side remains. Even requesting a home demo via the Telkom site has produced no joy. I've really come to "admire" Telkom's consistency, albeit in nonperformance and non delivery.

Established Member

Definitely not yet resolved, we are still waiting for Telkom to deliver the antenna which when we signed up for it was part of the deal.

In other words, Telkom is in breach on contract.

Established Member

@NC

No news yet?

When is our antenna going to be delivered and installed as part of the contract that we signed with Telkom?

Moderator Moderator

Hi @Claude & @Morne. Our process has changed regarding the antenna. If you are not satisfied with the performance of your service, please do the following, in which case a technician will be in contact to test your service. At this stage, an antenna could be suggested to help improve your speed. An antenna does not help in all cases, and hence the change in process - 

Send an email to: hso@telkom.co.za

Include the following details -

• Name & Surname
  • Physical Address
  • Date of Purchase
  • Contact numbers
output_Svao80.gif
Established Member

@NC

I think you're misunderstanding the point so once again and as explained in "message 5" of this post, the antenna and it's installation were part of the deal that Telkom offered and that we signed. So it's not for Telkom to now assess if the antenna is required or not instead, Telkom MUST supply the antenna as per the deal that was offered, accepted and signed for.

Our 24-month contract was signed for on the 22nd August, the deal in question is called "SmartBroadband Uncaped Wireless 3" and the hardware included in this deal are the "Huawei LTE Wi-Fi Router" & "Poyting External Panel Antenna".

The below screenshot was taken on the 5th September and clearly proves that the antenna was part of the deal, so stop wasting everyone's time and sort this nonsense out!

2500.jpg

To one an all on this thread, I have signed up for this spectacular deal knowing that I can use my creative juices to create employment in SA and boost my IT knowledge with some online courses.  Telkom has just trashed that by not providing services as promised in the 799pm uncapped deal.  For over three months, I enjoy bolt speed of LTE and the lighting fast speed to 2mbps...mother buffer!.   I have logged issues, waited on the call centre, left the office early to come see the technician in the hopes he finds the fault and all he can say is he could find nothing wrong and will escalate it.  Fellow uses of this amazing LTE from Telkom, please advise how do we go about terminating our contracts and refunded for our time with thier call centre, time away from the office, etc.  One great service by Telkom is their efficient process of debting your bank account every single month on time every month.  That works like a charm! 

About This Post
  • 56 replies
  • 28 kudos
  • 13 Contributors