Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Moderator Moderator

Re: R799 LTE deal (Please Assist)

@modern10, please Private message me some contact details, I will try and assist with your order

output_Svao80.gif
Highlighted

Hi, I've had the same issue as a few people on this forum. My initial application was approved. I received my ticket number and an SMS confirming that my antenna and router were ready for collection...I then travelled to the mobile booth some kilometers from my house to be told that my application was declined as I had an outstanding amount on my land-line owed to telkom for a few months now...

Knowing that this was incorrect I had to then try for weeks to clear my name and find that telkom actually owed me money and the judgement was incorrect...shoo them I thought okay...this has got to be the end of the situation...but no...what was I thinking...

Sorry. Hit post by mistake...

I then spent another few weeks trying to explain this to the mobile and land-line department at my own travel and time expense...to find that my name had still not been cleared...

When I eventually obtained a letter to confirm I was cleared...wait for it...

I was told that there were no more uncapped packages in my area and that I was not able to obtain the contract...can you believe it...?

I refused to let this be and asked the mobile Co sultana to lodge a dispute as I had already received my ticket number and confirmation a few weeks before, and was one of the first in my area at the time...she then loved the complaint and it 'apparently' just came back successful yesterday...and then....

She tells me that there are no more antennas and she has no idea when she'd be receiving them as there is no-one that she can talk to about it as she only communicates with an email address and not a person...huh? Is this for real?

What the heck? What kind of organization runs this inefficiently yet makes so much money?? What a waste of space and energy?

How long does it take for such a monster of a company in the country, to provide a proper service to its loyal, yet emprisoned clientele?

Can someone please let me know whether I will be receiving my contract, modem and/or antenna before I'm to old to understand the internet any longer....

Hope someone out there can assist me...

Any body else having this lte signup issues why don't they respond or even let you do applications if there is no service available.
Moderator Moderator

Hi @jamielphilander, sorry you have had this experience. I have asked Online Sales to call you and assist ASAP.

output_Svao80.gif

I applied online for uncapped in my area, and my bid was accepted and got a ticket number.

I went to the Sandton City store to upgrade, but they told me they cannot help me, since only the call centre deals with specials.

So then I called 081180. THey told me to call 10213. They told me I need to speak to sales, and transferred me.

Sales said I need to speak to upgrades, upgrades transferred me back to sales, and sales back to upgrades again.

Been on the phone for over 45 minutes listening to the absolute worst music ever. Finally got through to the same lady in ugrades. She then called sales from her side, to no avail. Then suddenly she "could not hear me" any more, and put down the phone.

So here I am, ticket number in hand, wanting to upgrade, and nobody seems able to help me.

Does anyone perhaps a contact number of a person who would be able to assist?

if you want to avoid delays and call waiting , you should apply via a telkom agent. they receive fisrt priorities when it comes to applications .the other thing is that you have the advantage of dealing with as person directly

About This Post