Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

R799 LTE deal (Please Assist)

I have been trying since the beginning of June to apply for the uncapped LTE promotion. There was 30 spaces available in my area, but because my property falls just outside the map, I could not apply online. I eventually had a Telkom Representative here, and LTE works fine here, after he tested the signal,only to hear that the Tower in now full.

I am very disappointed. The Adsl service in this area is very poor, and I was hoping that I could get faster internet speeds.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Highlighted

Re: R799 LTE deal (Please Assist)

Wil LTE lyn in ons huis maar kan nie want nog in 4 mbps en wil verander na 10 mbps maar hoe?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Tcheyns, you do not want to be on the very edge of a cell tower's footprint. As more people connect to the tower, there is what is called "Cell Breathing" whereby the footprint shrinks, and you find yourself outside coverage with a contract that you no longer want

Highlighted

Hi

I am condiering what u are saying, and thanks for the advise.

My thinking was that it would be ok because a consultant from Telkom was here on site testing the signal. 

The signal gave us 35 mbps, but personnally I will install an antenna just to be sure.

At the moment our area is like the forgotten area for Telkom it seems. No fibre plans in the near future and no further upgrades on the ADSL network.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Tcheyns that is not bad speeds and the antenna will definitely help as well. You could always apply and give a friends address who you know is in coverage. Try doing the application in store. Just remember the warning :-)

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors