Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

R899 uncapped all hours

Hi,  i recently got the new July deal,   with that deal i get 300 on net voice minutes.  The router is the new Huawei B525 and you are suppose to plug your landline phonhe into it to make calls.     Has anyone succeeded yet to do that??   I only get the dialing tone and as soon as i press any number on the telephone nothing happens at all. 

Super Contributor

Re: R899 uncapped all hours

Hi @Swanna

I had a similar issue a while ago and found that the phone handset was inadvertently set on ‘pulse’ dialling . When you dial to you hear touch tones when you press each number?  

Some phones still have a switch between tone / pulse .  Make sure your phone is set on ‘tone’.

Hope this helps, otherwise you'll probably need to call Telkom support ( 10210 early 8 am best) 

Thanx so much, that was exactly the solution. Keep it up! 

Super Contributor

Hi @Swanna

Ha... you're welcome ... great when a quick fix does the trick     😀

Super Contributor

@Swanna  

PS    oh, just to avoid any billing surprises remember that your 300 minutes are only ‘free’ to calls ending on Telkom networks . 

Fixed line dialling codes which used to be Telkom -  011, 021, 031 etc may have been ported to other networks then normal call tarrifs would be charged -  calls to other mobile networks could rack up bills quite fast!

You can check networks/numbers here  :https://www.porting.co.za/PublicWebsite/crdb?msisdn=0128041641

Hi

Just a quick note, if you hear a funny beep before your call is connected, it may mean that the other number is ported to a different network.

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors