Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: SmartBroadband Uncapped Wireless (Uncapped LTE: R599)

I applied online for the 599 uncapped LTE and got an email saying my application was succesful and someone would get in touch with me. No one has and i tried calling sales I tried going in to your office and none can help me or even identify the ticket number. HELP!!! There is no direct line for LTE services and none of your customer service people are of any help!

and it has been almost a week now and i dont know if someone will still phone me or whats going on?

i phoned in and then one guy told me my order is being processed but how can it be if i havent been phoned?

Hi @AW I've recently applied for this and I share the same views as the majority of the members. I understand your response to why you posted this article/advert in the first place but there is a lack of clarity on this deal. We apply and get no response and have to go to great lengths to get a response from someone. I would assume that if this deal is being offered as an online special price then the process would be far more streamlined. From what I understand is that if I was to go into store and pay that extra amount (R100 or R200 more) then I would have access to this service by the time I go home. Why not just offer this deal in store? Many people have called and emailed the sales team and with little to no help. Is there a 48 - 72 hour response time that we would have to wait for? I think the community at large would greatly appreciate clarity on this as the FAQ section doesn't answer most of the communities questions. Furthermore, if this deal ends on the 30th June and people that have applied have not up until that point received their package, what happens then?

Moderator Moderator

Hi @The_Comedian23, as you are aware, we have our traditional channels like teh Direct Stores, and then we have the online sales channel. Recently we updated our website, and it has been exceptionally successful, generating a huge increase of leads. Unfortunately you have experienced the differences in channels. Our online channel works of different systems, and as such, the call centres/stores cannot always track an order based on the ticket number that is issued. Due to large volumes, the turnaround time is not always what it should be, but rest assured we are aware of it and doing all we can to improve things.

output_Svao80.gif

Morning

I applied for the LTE Uncapped Deal but have not finalized the details with a consultant.

I get calls from 012 688 8994 but I either miss the call or if I answer theres no one on the other end.

Could I possibly get a direct number to finalize the deal?

My ticket number is 070616-075027

Much appreciated!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @asteynberg, I have directed your query to our Online Sales department to follow up. They have huge volumes of orders, so sometimes  a few fall through the cracks. Hope they can assist

Hi @AW , no problem and totally understandable. Thanks very much for your help

I am also still waiting. I keep on being pushed from pillar to post when I call in to 10213

I  see in your original post that the promo was to run till the end of June 2016...I suppose in the Ts & Cs somewhere you were able to change that now to everyone pays R799pm before promo end yes?

Bitterly dissapointed

JGN

Good day,

My problem: I have a 20Gb per month contract for 24 months, where I originally applied for an UNCAPPED service (SmartBroadband Wireless Uncapped) for R599p/m.

On 23 May Ticket Number 2305016-154715 was given to successful online bid for UNCAPPED wireless broadband (SmartBroadband Wireless Uncapped) for R599p/m. 

The following conversations were recorded on my mobile phone:

• On 24 May at 11h30 0126888994 calls me and the agent processes an application for 20Gb, and says I can still change later (the next day) to UNCAPPED for R599p/m when called by Telkom for delivery.
  • On 26 May at 16h18 I call 10213 after receiving mail with promotional code 4562 – the agent confirms my application for UNCAPPED for R599p/m is pre-approved.
  • On 26 May at 16h40 0126889975 calls me to confirm that my application for the UNCAPPED for R599p/m has been successful and confirmed - I ask him to make sure it is UNCAPPED for R599p/m and NOT 20 Gb, and he checks with the "back office" and CONFIRMS it is for UNCAPPED at R599p/m.

I also made another call from a Telkom landline during the morning of the 26th, where I requested the agent to CANCEL the 20Gbp/m contract.

I received the parcel on 01 June, and was very excited as everything worked great as soon as I plugged it in.  However, on 3 June I received an e-mail from telkommobile@telkom.co.za stating that I am on the 20Gb per month package.  As should be clear from the timeline and events described above, I wanted to be on the UNCAPPED right from the start.

I went online on 4 June, and sent various departments a similar message, requesting help with this matter. 

V*** and L*** responded, and V** e-mailed me (after confirming my credentials) to inform me that the matter has been referred to the sales agent who processed the order to change the package.  She mentioned that they are not available over weekends, and I thus expected a call on Monday 6 June.

Various people from various departments have since been referring me to various other people in various other departments, and still I am waiting for someone to resolve this matter.

I am desperately awaiting someone to assist me with this matter.

Regards,

Johan Niemann

I seem to be having a different problem than the majority of other customers on here.  I have applied for my LTE and managed to get the Uncapped LTE for R599 through the online application process.  I have received my router and our internet is working, but it is not as fast as it should be (probably because the antenna needs to be installed.)  Last week I missed calls from 012 688 9979 and 012 688 8888.  I spent numerous hours trying to get through to the call centre to try to get in touch with the technicians that need to install the antenna.  I also gave the agent I spoke to my work contact number as I teach and do not always have access to my cellphone.  A week ago I was promised that somebody would call and follow up but I have had no feedback.  I also sent messages on the Facebook page and received a query number: 19146817 but nobody has gotten in touch me since Monday.  Why can't they just provide us with a number so that we can contact the technicians and schedule an appointment so that they can install the antenna?

About This Post