Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Sudden drop in LTE performance

ADSL is no longer provided in our area. It was recently indicated that we are getting LTE off a nearby atlas (mobile tower). I immediately got a Telkom LTE sim and initially got speeds up to 50mbps. However now I am only getting speeds up to 5mbps. I have check the APN settings which seems to be correct. I have also tried different devices (Samsung S10 and ZTE R218. Also tried Telkom support via 08118 and 10210 but all they do is take you through the same settings and then but you on hold indefinitely. Any advise??

Highlighted

Re: Sudden drop in LTE performance

Same here, now getting speeds of less than 1mbps. Waiting for help...
Highlighted

So it wouldn't be too unsurprising if, due to the heavy traffic now that people are working from home, the system was a little slower. Unfortunately my wifi signal seems very irratic. Sometimes ok and often slow to non existent (AARRGGHHH).

A comment from Telkom telling us if they are experiencing supply difficulties would certainly help, and as a service provider is the right thing to do !!!!!

Not sure if anyone from Telkom actually accesses this site but please give us a clue so we can stiop blaming our PC's, routers etc.. In addition we are all making huge sacrifices to assist withthe COVID 19 situation. Telkom - what are you doing to upgrade your service at this time ?????

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@paulhw wrote:

So it wouldn't be too unsurprising if, due to the heavy traffic now that people are working from home, the system was a little slower. Unfortunately my wifi signal seems very irratic. Sometimes ok and often slow to non existent (AARRGGHHH).

A comment from Telkom telling us if they are experiencing supply difficulties would certainly help, and as a service provider is the right thing to do !!!!! Prepaid Card Status

Not sure if anyone from Telkom actually accesses this site but please give us a clue so we can stiop blaming our PC's, routers etc.. In addition we are all making huge sacrifices to assist withthe COVID 19 situation. Telkom - what are you doing to upgrade your service at this time ?????

Not familiar with the topic.

Highlighted

So when I called they said the uncapped is 52G on 10MBS m, then 52G on 4MBS then they throttle on 2MBS for the duration of months.

So my question which they won't give me is let me see that in the fair use policy which I signed..... No reply form Telkom, we pay for an uncapped service and that's what we except.

Nobody in all the call center has advised me differently or tried to help or esculated this, not even in the stores.

When I test the speed I never get 10MBS period.
About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 Contributors