Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

TELKOM LTE DOWN

Telkoms LTE service has been down for 4 days and counting. 

I've recently signed up for a LTE contract with them to avoid using my cellphone data for gaming but to my suprize the network goes down without any warning whatsoever for days on end, where we in a country with Alternative broadband offers i fear telkom would lose many many customers. I highly disadvise anyone signing up for Telkom LTE as only a few days after use of this service it has proven to be highly unreliable and you don't get anything near the advertised download speeds. Not to mention the sub par communication between Telkom and its customers. 

They do a good job of making customers feel like they're just a number.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: TELKOM LTE DOWN

hi @Bruce1 have you contacted telkom on their social channels already? @HelloTelkom on twitter and TelkoZA on facebook. If you have, has there been any feedback since you posted. seems to be a lot of concerns regarding telkom mobile connectivity, whether it's on lte or 3g.

Highlighted
Established Member

yep did all that but i havent recieved any feedback to this day. 

Highlighted
Established Member

Same here. Im in Kzn in the durban north area, my LTE signal dropped ever since the 1st of the month. It went down from 3 bars to 1 bar.
Then 2 days ago (8/12/16) the signal cut off completely.

I'm guessing you guys have the LTE wireless router?
Highlighted
Established Member

Telkom’s LTE network in Bloemfontein have been on and off since 06/12. On Friday it came back for a few hours but then went dead till now. One way around this problem is to log into your router and force it to use only 3G. You getting slow data but at least you getting data! This seems to be a national problem that Telkom clams to know nothing about so nobody knows when and if they will fix it. In the mean time we have to pay for “LTE”   

Highlighted
Established Member

Any update on the LTE situation? I've been down for the last 4 days now. This is becoming obsured.
Highlighted
Established Member

Been up and down, mostly down for more than a year in PTA east. Does that count?

Wouldn't it be easier to detect when it is up since that would be the exception.

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 Contributors