Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Telkom LTE Slow

Dear Telkom

My Super Fast LTE that was promised to me when i enterd a contract with telkom has been very slow the last 2 weeks.Im getting speeds of below 1 meg.This is totally unexeptable,and im not getting what im paying for, or what i was promised.Please if someone can contact me ASAP.If this problem persists i would be forced to terminate ths contract.I have attached a screengrab of my most recent line speed test.,which was done on the 20/04/2019 at 8:58 am.                                                                                                                                                           

Regards   

MR Holland

Slow LTE.PNG

Re: Telkom LTE Slow

Dear Telkom

I am with Mr Holland in this predicament. Today ( 12 May 2019 ) @ 10H05am, I contacted your Call Centre and I spoke to Hlengiwe pertaining to the same issue of a slow LTE/G3 and my case number is 28277153.

Telkom, you need to pull up your socks. We can`t be complaining with the network in this day in age. Can you please man up and sort this nonsense throughout SA.

Your swift action will be highly appreciated.

Regards

C Padi

Mine is not only slow but cuts off seconds after connection. This has been going on for over 3 weeks now

Highlighted

Dear telkom 

When i entered into contract the agreement was for a 2 mbs  my current download speed is 34kbs and as been for mouth to i phone customare care but they could not see the problem and i was not throtteld m so you are in vialation of our contract agreement i pay R800 every mounth for a min of a 2mbs connection or ill had it over to my lawers for brich of contract as much as i am bind to it so are you and this is grounds for termiation or posibal fruad charges if i pay for 2mbs i expect 2mbs not 34 kbs please sort out or ill have no choice to cancell with resonble cause and will not be held lible if this is neglecting on your part plear have your technical agant contact me asap il give till the end of this mounth for a reponse 

I have the same problem  

Contacted Telkom call center, contacted Telkom on Twitter and no one has bothered to solve the problem.

Been months now, but contract ends in July so I will cancel and go elsewhere.

Unfortunately, swift and action and two words not in Telkoms vocabulary.

What router are you using?

Try remove and reinsert Sim.
Ensure device is set to use external antenna.
Reset device.
Set network to 4G only.

All I can offer.
About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 Contributors