Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Telkom Mobile 4G speed is very poor

First thing first I have a good Telkom mobile network coverage. my phone is always on 4g“Telkom Mobile“ i have two telkom mobile phones, 1 for contract with All net Data And another with 500gb Night surfer and while the 4g coverage is 100% the internet speed is horrible. Things are bad here on Telkom. Telkom is exploiting us and they dont even dare to let us know what's causing the problems and how long its gonna take to fix it if there's indeed a problem.

Re: Telkom Mobile 4G speed is very poor

I'm having problems with the internet as well. I have the unlimited package. Every month, towards the end, Telkom kills the internet speed. I have been getting 0.01mb/s download and it takes up to 5min to show me 0.01mb/s upload as well. This occurs towards the end of every month, and worst part is, it happens for at least a week. Telkom is by far the worst service provider I've come across. I'm definitely changing my contract back to Vodacom as soon as this contract is over. I can't even get direct help from Telkom regarding this issue. 

I have the same issue, actually the speeds are intermittent, so frustrated but by far Telkom has better coverage in my area than the rest of the networks. 

[ Edited ]

Network speeds on Telkom mobile are crap.  Crappiest now since December than ever before. Crap crap crap. So crap that the we,ve gone back to looking for WiFi wherever we can, not fair since we are paying fir a service.... that doesn’t work. 

I have the same issue, opened 2 tickets because they marked one as resolved, even reported them to ICASA and this was just a waste of time. 

Me 2 My download speed is 1.2Kb most and the lte bars are full

Hi. I've been having this issue and it doesn't matter what time of the month it is. My wifi also gives me an issue with signal even though it has 3 bars of 4G. My cell phone keeps saying "Sim Data Refreshed" then it loses connection or starts roaming but i pick up 4G and 3G without any issue. How do i rectify this?

[ Edited ]

[ Edited ]

Modify Connectivity

Perform network benchmarks

Case

Connections usually get bad not because of the network but interferences from other nearby devices transmitting or electrical.

Read the MIFI or Router Guidelines. Keep away from speakers, magnets, telephone lines, eletrical radio bound devices with vibrations. Even the type of roof you have over your head can affect the signal. nearby electrical transformers also cause issues with signal strength.

Try

• Move around your area see if your signal changes as you move record where its highest
  • See what affects it move it to isolate area.

Mobile 4G Exception

phones usually overheat when signal is bad or quickly drain battery.

About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 9 Contributors