Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Telkom Mobile LTE Vs " The Red Network" - Speed comparison

l have complained over and over about my internet speed suddenly dropping. An agent said told me that she recieved an email stating there is a known issue with Telkom LTE scince October 2016. I pay every month for LTE speeds, pay for netflix and pay for other online services plus run my small business from home. If there is an issue from their side why am I charged for all these months? I wasted my money paying all the other services too.  Last I checked with the Consumer protection commission, if you pay for a service and its not delivered you should be refunded. Maybe I can get compensation for all the other service I could not use due to slow speeds form Telkom?

I had my antennae checked, replaced it to see if that was the fault and router with the same results. Such a waste of time. Today I put a sim from another network in my router to test the speed and clear that its not my devices. I used to have 10 Mbps as you can see the Telkom mobile one  which is the top one is less than 2Mbps. The other network is almost 9 Mbps. I am in the Greenstone/Edenvale area. See results below:

Screenshot_20170211-143903.jpgSpeed comparison

Moderator Moderator

Re: Telkom Mobile LTE Vs " The Red Network" - Speed comparison

Hi @Macedo, as the Community is not a service channel, I ask that you report your service as faulty. Please use these channels - 

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store

output_Svao80.gif
Highlighted

Re: Telkom Mobile LTE Vs " The Red Network" - Speed comparison

You guys at telkom dnt reply so we have to rather complain to community
About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors