Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Telkom Night Surfer times time correctly synced?

Telkom Night Surfer Data is not what Telkom says it is. It is now 04:28 and I’ve been downloading something on Netflix. I checked my data to make sure it goes off my 11 gig Night Surfer Data (00:00 - 07:00) and guess what? The data has been taken off my Once-off All Network Data..NOT Night Surfer Data. This really is false advertising. Very disappointed in Telkom...again.

Highlighted

Chatted with TK Customer Service. The problem is if your phone is roaming (using another provider's network) then you won't be able to access the night surfer data. It only kicks in if you're using a Telkom network specifically. Bless you guys. Jesus loves you. ✝️

That in my opinion is no excuse.

It is Telkoms perogative to use other newtworks to improve their coverage and provide us with a service.

Is it advertised, or does it state in the fine print somewhere that Night Surfer only applies when their level of service in an area is such that your device only connects to a Telkom specific site?

Not that I recall, and it most certainly is not made known when you purchase a data bundle.

Only on Telkom network from 3g upwards,I'm using 500GB@R50.00, I think it's the roaming thats tricking you.No telkom network no joy.

www.telkom.co.za/today/media/downloads/Ts_and_Cs_for_LTE_and_LTE-A_Once_off_Bundles_19072017_dFJPVvg...

Pum

Did someone get an acceptable answer on this night data issue? I am experiencing the same thing where my daytime data is depleted, and my night data is intact and yet i only downloaded from from internet after midnight. 

Thanks for this answer! Pity about the stupid Jesus comment.

Sorry, that was supposed to be a reply to a previous comment.
Pum

I have just lost about 40 gigs of data overnight, with no explanation. If you have nothing positive/ helpful please dont respind with rude comments

I have the same problem. I spoke to 3 agents and got different stories they also told me about the roaming. My question is for 3 years i used the service and never had this problem. Something else is going on here

I am also now having issues with this . The thing is, the router and the 3G dongle pick up a Telkom Network signal, but the Sim Card refuses to register on the Telkom Network. How can a Telkom Sim fail to register on the Telkom Network itself? My Sim roams on MTN network and could then use the All Network Data, but not the Night Time Data.

What now Telkom?

About This Post