Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Telkom Uncapped LTE R599

Best internet I ever had in my life :-)

Frequent Contributor

Re: Telkom Uncapped LTE R599

@cavedog - how long have you had it?  From other responses on this community it would seem that your joy might be short lived.  There are many posts of people where it was joy for a few months before it grinds to a halt.  I am deeply concerned because any wireless technology CANNOT ever be the primary connection - it is simply not designed as such.

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Established Member

I don't agree. I had the service since it went national in December 2015. I got it about mid December and if anything it's gotten faster. before the tower was maxing 20Mbps but a upgrade or whatever they did to the tower pushed it to 88Mbps peak but 76Mbps average download speed.

Nothing but good times to be honest. I play a lot of games to EU servers and it has been a absolute joy to play online with this package. Obviously the performance will very from person to person as all the towers are not the same and amount of users on the towers differer as well as the distance from the tower and obsticles in the way causing poor signal.

So if you compare it to ADSL I think it's got more chance of degrading but that does not mean it's a useless service. For me it's a blessing as I have now have world class internet for cheap.

Frequent Contributor

@cavedog - wow.  I am truly happy for you.  I have not decided whether I want to do this or not, but I am scared when I read of the experiences of others.  Let's hope your experience stays as positive as this.

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 Contributors