Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Re: Telkom WiFi

For the life of me I cannot understand how this Free Wifi 10gb FU works.  Having been trolling the internet and if fact went into a Telkom Store to try and get the service activated.  I am on a LTE Unlimited  GPRS: Unlimited remaining Expires on Sat Oct 01 2016 Wi-Fi Data Unlimited Speed WLAN: 10240 MB remaining Expires on Sat Oct 01 2016  package.  I am trying to access the wi-fi data portion at the Telkom Hotspots. I have done the "Manage Subscription - Set Wi-fi Password" bit on the website.  At the wi-fi hotspot, I try to access the it with MacBook 2015(macOS Sierra) through1 Telkom Connect with the login details 81XXXXXXX@telkommobile.net with the wi-fi password registered but cannot connect successfully.  I have looked at https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/shop/plan/wi-fi-plan/ for answers without success.  What do I do wrong?

Moderator Moderator

Hi @doubleujayh

Free wifi access and the 10GB FUP applies to Telkom Mobile hotspots in your area. Wifi hotspots can be viewed at https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/ucm/

output_Svao80.gif

This was very helpful and reading all your replies were funny :-) @JO766
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Thank you @LadyMaleficent - it seems this has been by most famous post yet !  Glad to have been of service ...

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)

You're welcome @j0766...May you have a fantastic Tuesday.
PN

How do you as non telkom user connect to Telkom WIFi network

[ Edited ]

@TWL wrote:

Hi @doubleujayh

Free wifi access and the 10GB FUP applies to Telkom Mobile hotspots in your area. Wifi hotspots can be viewed at https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/ucm/

This was actually an utterly useless response.  The person said that they can't connect at the telkom hotspots in their area.  All you told them was to use the free wifi at a telkom hotspot in his area.  I happen to have the same problem they are, I was AT 3 of my local telkom hotspots in my area, my number is registered, and linked and subscribed, I have set my password on the SOC service portal but I can not connect I just simply keep getting the same error message "windows can not connect".  Therefore your answer to redirect us back to the local hospots and a link on where to find one in our area is completely useless.  I don't care what kind of a contributor you are, try reading the person's question before responding with the same garble that everyone keeps repeating.  The problem is NOT that we are trying to use our own dongle/router it is that we can't connect to our local hotspots that we aleady found via your link.  Smiley Mad

Moderator Moderator

Hi everyone. I made a mistake, my apologies @doubleujayh and @Anon135790 Reading the post again. It seems there is a step missing. When you are at one of the Telkom hotspots, you'll need to changer the wifi settings of your device to EAP-PEAP. My device is already configured with settings, and it now prompts me for Phase 2 authentication, which is MSCHAPV2. At identity, you'll specify your Telkom mobile number  with the domain @telkommobile.net (eg. 08123456789@telkommobile.net)

Then insert your password.

You should be connected to the hotspot after this step.

If you are still unable to connect. Try resetting your password at http://wifi.telkom.co.za/umbrella/public/login and follow the steps.

output_Svao80.gif

morning...

mine keeps on failing everytime i try to connect.

Established Member

Mine too
About This Post
  • 25 replies
  • 62 kudos
  • 15 Contributors