Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Telkom "LTE" broadband uncapped

Hi, just want to start off by saying telkom is bad and do not get into a contract with them, bought lte uncapped, dont use it that much, still being throttled.
not even 10kb/s, 200 ms ping. literally cant use the line at all. phoned the "customer care", cant help me because telkom oversells the product so now nobody can use it. They also have have a really really really bad invoicing system, in which they mess up my account and turn off my "service (LOL)" because they didnt know i payed them. I would probably just cancel it even if i have to pay a cancellation fee.
Honestly at this point i really just dont want to support them, they finished fibre outside my home but with the service/support i've gotten from them i am really unlikely to get into another contract with them.

I have to switch to 3g because the 4g is unusable, phoned their support and they cant really do anything since its the telkom network that has problems.  

Highlighted

Re: Telkom "LTE" broadband uncapped

the 3g is way faster than the 4g by the way, 10kb/s vs 150kb/s

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@louiswal, when Telkom launched LTE they used the 2300mhz band and not many devices supported this. I see they also use 1800mhz band now. Make sure your device supports these bands and see if you can switch between these and test.

Highlighted

Hi,

Tested it a lot previously, also no difference.

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors