Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

Uncapped LTE R799 June Deal - Please Assist

I appplied for the uncapped deal around the 3rd of June 2016 and a consultant called me back, took all my details but somehow forgot to ask me to bid online so that I can get a ticket number.

I called the customer centre on numerous occasions and each time they would ask for my ID number but in the end tell me that there is a backlog and that my order will be processed shortly.

I eventually spoke to someone on 24 June 2016 and she took me through the online bidding process and I got a ticket number (#240616-153138). She said the unit would be delivered today, 28 June 2016.

So today I called again to find out about the progress and I was told my ticket number is not on the system and there is another backlog.

It's been over 4 weeks now and it doesn't look like I am getting anywhere, can someone please assist.

Highlighted

Re: Uncapped LTE R799 June Deal - Please Assist

I have the exact same issue. You have no idea how much money and time I spent on calls. Even took to Twitter. Same thing: We will provide feedback. But nothing. I was told I'll have my answer in 48 hours. This was weeks ago. Problem is, I've already paid my Showmax subscription, but don't have the data to enjoy it.

How can a company really not care about it's customers like this? I mean really.

Highlighted
Contributor

@NC @AW can you assist @Mark56 and maybe forward his issue to ur online sales guys. I know this isn't the right platform to ask for  help. Maar asseblief asking nice with a cherry on top 

Highlighted
Established Member

I finally managed to talk to a consultant yesterday and he told me there was something wrong with my order but he would help with sorting it out. Moments later I got received an email saying my application was successful and the new ticket number is #280616-161457.

I missed a call from 012 988-9999 this morning but when I call back it just rings and the call just drops.

Highlighted

Well done, at least you got to speak to someone. I have yet to hear something form someone.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Mark56 & @MJ_Mokoena, our Online Sales team will look into your orders and advise. I have forwarded them your details

Highlighted
Established Member

Got two calls this morning and there seems to be issues with my order but the agents assured me that everything will be sorted today and they will call again tomorrow with feedback.

I'm just hoping it gets sorted.

Highlighted

I got a call from Zama yesterday from that 012 688 8888 number, she couldn't see any progress with my order, just that it's with the infamous 'back office'. She promised to investigate and call me back in an hour with feedback. Once again, a whole day later and no feedback.

Question: Was this LTE Uncapped deal just a way for Telkom to get customers excited and get their blood boil? I have not read of a single person on this forum, that was happy or actually signed up for this deal.

Highlighted
Established Member

I was also promised feedback today but nothing has come through yet. I don't know how many hours I spent calling the customer care line. I have spoken to at least three different agents and each one promised to follow up on my order and get back to me but unfortunately up to this point no one has gotten back to me.

Highlighted

Goods delivered today! Let the streaming/downloading begin!

About This Post
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 Contributors