Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Uncapped LTE - Slow Download Speeds

Hi Guys 

Ive had the Uncapped LTE  service since the beginning of June 2016. I am obviously in an LTE Broadband area and I am using the external antenna that was supplied with the deal.

For the first month or so, speeds were never worse than 20mbps. Now I'm lucky to get 5mbps, especially in the evenings I'm at about 0.2mbps. 

This is getting a tad ridiculous...

How do I go about reporting this? (Where I will be heard and a solution given)

Is there anything that I can do from my side to improve the speeds?

Thanks

Established Member

Re: Uncapped LTE - Slow Download Speeds

I used to get between 20 - 60mb/s from 6 - 10 pm, Tonight 0.36mb/s WTF

Exact same here. You ask for service at Telkom thorough every possible forum, all they can say is: "We'll have a technician get back to you". I've got a case number and everything. Almost been a week and got no feedback. To think you sign up for a deal that promotes 90MBps, and only get 2MBps.

Established Member

I have been making use of the service since it came out in my area and in the beginning I was getting 60-75Mbps download and 3Mbps Upload.  However for the last 3 months now I have been getting 1.5 - 3.5 Mbps Download and 3.5 - 5.5 Mbps Upload speeds (crazy that upload is faster than download).

Every month I call in and get a reference number and nothing happens. So started a chat session with Michelle Adams this evening trying to get a reference number and firstly she said that "6:03:48 PMMichelle: Yes we are aware of the problem, our technitions are working on it." and then later in the chat "6:05:08 PMMichelle: We apologize for the inconvenience cause Michael, this time around it's not only you wioth the problem.".

When pushed for a reference number she refused to give on the chat then killed the chat session (luckily I copied and pasted it before she did that).

Telkom all I ask is that if there is a known issue on the network and I am getting a degraded service, surely you should be thinking about refunding / crediting our accounts until such time that you have sorted out your network?

Established Member

I have been making use of the service since it came out in my area and in the beginning I was getting 60-75Mbps download and 3Mbps Upload. However for the last 3 months now I have been getting 1.5 - 3.5 Mbps Download and 3.5 - 5.5 Mbps Upload speeds (crazy that upload is faster than download).

Every month I call in and get a reference number and nothing happens. So started a chat session with Michelle Adams this evening trying to get a reference number and firstly she said that "6:03:48 PMMichelle: Yes we are aware of the problem, our technitions are working on it." and then later in the chat "6:05:08 PMMichelle: We apologize for the inconvenience cause Michael, this time around it's not only you wioth the problem.".

When pushed for a reference number she refused to give on the chat then killed the chat session (luckily I copied and pasted it before she did that).

Telkom all I ask is that if there is a known issue on the network and I am getting a degraded service, surely you should be thinking about refunding / crediting our accounts until such time that you have sorted out your network?

i have the same problem its disgracefull i can barely get 1mb download in evenings yet at 6am i get 25 - 50 mb download i have had lte for 8 months no real issues but the last week i have cnt do anyting i seriously ask telkom to sort this matter out and yes refunds are required some one needs to address this matter asap 

Moderator Moderator

Hi. We are aware that there have been some speed issues on our LTE network, especially our 2300Mhz network. We have been refarming some of our 1800Mhz frequency to improve the network, and are currently trying to fix your experience. Please report your service to 081180 to get a case number.

output_Svao80.gif

Hi All,

I have had the same issue for a while now.

Telkom Mobile never gets back to people after they have a case loged. I see its not only me.
Next move is ICASA and cancel all 25 contracts I have with Telkom Mobile.

Last case number was : 19367240

You know how to get hold of me with the above case no.

Hi All

I have been on Telkom LTE UNcapped for the past month and a half which worked flawlessly. Since 5th Aug 2016 I have been 0.5Mbps downloads and between 3-5mbps uploads, where I used to get 60mbps then down to 45mbps and now its completely crashed dead...

I am in the Phoenix area and I signed up onto the Blackburn tower here. All 3 of my telkom sim cards show the same behavior, one is a cell contract and the other is 5gb mobile LTE with a portable modem. When I move outside of my home area, to Umhlanga where I work, those SIM cards work great. Is this an issue with the tower in my area??

It is becoming really frustrating and there is no proper feedback from Telkom. I have reported the case for the second time now Ref: 19433079

Moderator Moderator

@bob26, just a reminder that we are not able to handle service issues here. This forum is for peer 2 peer support. Rather make use of these - 

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store

output_Svao80.gif
About This Post