Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Uncapped R599 deal capped at 50gig

[ Edited ]

I am absolutely bowled over. After fighting for 3 months to get sales service, i sign up for the R599 uncapped deal only to be told this morning by the help desk, that my deal i signed was actually 50 gig capped. How the ***** is this possible. After i asked the sales person on numerous occassions ..are u sure this is the R599 LTE uncapped deal. And she confirmed it. Im sorry to say Telkom ubhave burned ur bridge with me. Use less service, and then u do the customer in as well.... Take ur brand and shove it. U can sue me for the balance. I am goumg to the consumer commission

Contributor

Re: Uncapped R599 deal capped at 50gig

@digitalemotion. @AW. All of us here in the forum has issues with Telkom and we all try and assist each other. But ur tone and attitude will not get u any help. There is no telkom employees on this forum. We have kids on here looking for advice and to subject them to ur language its not right.
On ur issue I just got this from the Telkom website "Uncapped wireless broadband is really uncapped for almost all applications and uses. These include email, browsing, streaming traffic like video, music, YouTube, AppleTV, Box Office, Netflix, VPN, VOIP, real time online gaming, backups and gaming downloads.

For these you will never be capped and throttled. This means consumers will enjoy the full benefit of a truly unlimited experience with Telkom's LTE Uncapped service. Telkom's 50GB fair usage policy cap ONLY applies to Bit Torrent traffic via peer to peer and news servers protocols (NNTP).

"

Re: Uncapped R599 deal capped at 50gig

Ok well first off, let me explain it this way.  I have mates who use this service. They have been with it since inception. Their monthly usage is way over 100GB per month - NO CAP.

I had 2 x 10 GIG 8ta deals prior to taking this....  It gave me 40 gig in total - If one applies that logic that was UNCAPPED as well. 

Because if you only browse webpages - Yes you will never use 50 GIG -   But dont call it UNCAPPED - Then call it what it is a 50 Gig Bundle...

Your statement " "Uncapped wireless broadband is really uncapped for almost all applications and uses. These include email, browsing, streaming traffic like video, music, YouTube, AppleTV, Box Office, Netflix, VPN, VOIP, real time online gaming, backups and gaming downloads. "

NOPE SADLY ITS NOT -  Every bit of data u use get taken from the Bundle - It its a 200 meg You Tube video - or if its a 50 Meg upload.

You watch a movie in UHB on Netflix - Check your CAP before and after - And Try letting it run out - Its like argueing with a potplant.

This is my argument - One can understand Torrent and P2P caps.  Thats all fine and good and well... But to have a statement like you have about Free this and unlimited that -  and then count evey meg you use and take it from you CAP !!    

I will keeep on compleining and I will will keep on making a noise till someone hears me

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 Contributors