Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unrestricted APN for LTE

I need a Unrestricted  APN setting for my CPE B315. Telkom suggested I use the following which DOES NOT WORK.

Profile name: Internet

IP type: IPv4

APN: internet

It was set to TelkomInternet which also does not work...

What does not work? I automatically logged out on certain secure sites. Cannot use FTP without disconnecting at some point of transfers or downloads. In general it's a weird behaviour.

Re: Unrestricted APN for LTE (fixed) - Port forwarding on LTE

Dear Internet

Anyone trying to do port forwarding on Telkom LTE Huawei router do the following:

Open browser:

Default ip gateway: 192.168.8.1

login

settings - >Dial-up-> Profile Management->

Profile name: unrestricted

IP type: IPv4

APN: unrestricted

leave the rest blank.

google "my ip":

Your IP address will change from 197.x.x.x to 41.x.x.x

Configure DDNS and virtual server.

Lastly, configure static IP on internal device
IP:192.168.8.x

netmask:255.255.255.0

gateway: 192.168.8.1

dns:192.168.8.1 or use google's

Regards
T. Pandy

Hi, I have a similar problem where I am getting logged out of my web hosting company's online control panel every couple of minutes. Sometimes even every couple of seconds.

I have a Huawei LTE router (B315-67F4).

I was told to get an unrestricted APN, but when I visited Telkom they shook their head and said there is no such thing.

I tried the steps you mentioned, but what should I enter when you say....

Configure DDNS and virtual server. -- where do I do that and what do I have to type in?

IP:192.168.8.x -- what should be in place of the x? It gives me a warning saying that my LAN IP cannot be the same as the gateway and that it doesn't accept invalid characters like an x.

I noticed that my IP also doesn't change from a 197.x.x.x to a 41.x.x.x IP address. It stays a 197.x.x.x IP even after restarting the LTE router.

Please help.

Hi, I have a similar problem where I am getting logged out of my web hosting company's online control panel every couple of minutes. Sometimes even every couple of seconds.

I have a Huawei LTE router (B315-67F4).

I was told to get an unrestricted APN, but when I visited Telkom they shook their head and said there is no such thing.

I tried the steps you mentioned, but what should I enter when you say....

Configure DDNS and virtual server. -- where do I do that and what do I have to type in?

IP:192.168.8.x -- what should be in place of the x? It gives me a warning saying that my LAN IP cannot be the same as the gateway and that it doesn't accept invalid characters like an x.

I noticed that my IP also doesn't change from a 197.x.x.x to a 41.x.x.x IP address. It stays a 197.x.x.x IP even after restarting the LTE router.

Please help.

It depends on the type of Modem/Router.  I have a B315s-22 router and one finds teh APN option under "Settings, Dial-up, Profile management.  Type "unrestricted" at the APN box.

However, it did not solve my problem.  Telkom help chat informed my to also open Ports under "Settings, Security, Virtual server".  Here is a link to these actions -  https://portforward.com/huawei/b315s-22/v2/

Then, you also have to open these ports on your firewall (if you use Linux/Ubuntu), which I did. Still, the ports are not open.

Here is a website where you can test if the port is open - https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

I have sent an email to telkom and will share the outcome, if and when it comes!

Best wishes

Gert Kruger

It depends on the type of Modem/Router.  I have a B315s-22 router and one finds teh APN option under "Settings, Dial-up, Profile management.  Type "unrestricted" at the APN box.

However, it did not solve my problem.  Telkom help chat informed my to also open Ports under "Settings, Security, Virtual server".  Here is a link to these actions -  https://portforward.com/huawei/b315s-22/v2/

Then, you also have to open these ports on your firewall (if you use Linux/Ubuntu), which I did. Still, the ports are not open.

Here is a website where you can test if the port is open - https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

I have sent an email to telkom and will share the outcome, if and when it comes!

Best wishes

Gert Kruger

See https://portforward.com/huawei/b315s-22/v2/ for a description on how to open the port on a specific router. 

Also see my message below, as it did not solve my port problem.

Best wishes

Gert Kruger

This works indeed. Call Mobile support try to explain the situation they don't even have a clue. Telkom really need to up their game with the support personnel

Lucky I find this post and to my surprise it did worked!

About This Post
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 Contributors