Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

Unwarrented warning SMS

So y am i getting:

Dear Telkom LTE customer, our LTE uncapped services are governed by an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Telkom reserves the right to apply restrictions if a customer's behavior is deemed to affect the experience of other LTE users on the network. Your current usage puts you at risk to be impacted by the policy, which may lead to throttling. Please reduce your usage. Go to http://telkom.site/AUP to view the AUP. T&Cs apply. Telkom Team.

According to the FUP which you linked to and which I agreed too when I signed up I am allowed 50gb of NNTP/P2P usage during peak hours before being throttled, ALL other usage is unlimited, so please explain to me how 1.7GB of my 50GB FUP as stated in the terms, puts me at risk?

Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Unwarrented warning SMS

They changed the terms and conditions of the FUP to include streaming.
Highlighted
Established Member

Well, they better get on that legal requirement of giving me 30 days notice before enforcing and the free option to refuse and terminate the contract at no cost to me.

Highlighted
Established Member

Either that or adhere to the initial requirements. Might be a long wait. Next time stay away from contracts. They ALWAYS turn against you.
Highlighted
Established Member

they changed their AUP to allow you about 300GB before they throttle you.  I am no where there and are now receiving threatening messages from them.

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors