Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Upgrade existing LTE Smartbroadband Uncapped Package

I have an uncapped Smartbroadband contract which is due for an upgrade. How can I upgrade to still be in the uncapped option for another 24 months? 

Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Upgrade existing LTE Smartbroadband Uncapped Package

[ Edited ]

Hi @JandreCronje and welcome to the Telkom Community forum,

No need to upgrade nor accept any telkom agent phone calls asking you to.

I've read you cannot have your contract cancelled unless in writing from you :-) .

What happens after your 24 months is the device fee falls away eg. R599.00 deal becomes R525.00 per month, R699.00 > R625.00 and lastly R799.00 > R725.00. This has been confirmed by many whose contracts have finished [from the mybroadband uncapped LTE feedback thread].

Remember, there is no uncapped LTE below R799.00 currently so upgrading if you on a lower priced package means paying extra. One last thing, should you get a better option that you see the uncapped LTE is no longer worth it for you, you can painlessly transfer the contract [month to month] over to someone else. Recommended you both go into a Telkom Direct store and fill in the paperwork.

Hope that clears things up Smiley Happy . Anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask on here. Man Happy

Hit that Thumbs Up/Kudos button if I or another member in the community has helped you. It can only inspire us to do better in helping everyone like yourself. Thank You! ❤
Highlighted

Re: Upgrade existing LTE Smartbroadband Uncapped Package

Hello @Cyph3rZA, thank you very much for your response.

This realy saved me alot of time and hassle, and perhaps money.

Highlighted

Re: Upgrade existing LTE Smartbroadband to the Uncapped Package

Hi, 

i have an existing contract with Telkom since 2017, this contract did end in December 2019.

because of the lockdown we are working from home and the 50gb will no longer suffice, we have tried to contact Telkom for the past three weeks, every agent we eventually get through to gives us a new number to call.

we have also visted the Telkom gateway store and that is closed, we were advised by an agent that Musgrave, Morningside and Phoenix branches will be open, we cannot get hold of them either.

At this pont we dont know what to do because it seems like Telkom cannot assit us with our upgrade!I also cannot wait three weeks for an upgrade because it costs us more money to purchase more data every week.

Please can someone asssit.

Thank you.

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 Contributors