Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
J_B

VERY FAST DATA USAGE

Guys, I need to know if some of you have the same problem..
I recently moved from Telkom adsl to the 100/100GB LTE package. After only a week and a half USAGE we suddenly had no more internet. Some investigation revealed we used all the data in this time! Now I am used to how much data we consume - mostly streaming video providers like Netflix and such, but the alarm bells were going off like crazy in my head and so I downloaded two different data usage apps to monitor my consumption.
Surprisingly we watched a documentary that logged +/- 190md for the 45 minutes duration on both apps.
However looking at my data usage on the Telkom app 800mb were gone!
We never had such heavy usage using adsl with Afrihost so something is fishy here..
How is it possible that both data usage apps log far less usage than Telkom.
I feel I am being robbed here! - and I think everybody need to check their usage with other software than the Telkom app.
Any comments are welcome thanks.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: VERY FAST DATA USAGE

Re: VERY FAST DATA USAGE

I regret upgrading to this wireless contract. I miss my adsl. This was a calculated downgrade because data gets chowed so quickly and you end up with a lot of midnight snack which you won't use because you have to be at work at 8 so no midnight surfing. Within 10 days 20gb gone. How? It's so annoying shem and I doubt if telkom ever reads these communications.
About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors