Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Very slow LTE speead during evening

Hi,

During the day I get up to 50 meg, but around 6 pm I get 0.9 it is so slow, I got a tech out and he took settings and 3 weeks later no help.

I still have the issue. Would amimg my atenna to a new tower make a difference. I am in Centurion Gauteng.

Re: Very slow LTE speead during evening

Having the same issue of slow LTE speeds during the evenings from around 7pm till midnight in Phoenix, Durban. Looks to be some sort of throttling being effected since the problem is consistent. Pings overseas run well over 1000ms with local pings around 700ms. Clueless as to what to do about this. Are there more people out there being affected with this?

I am on a capped account so they should not be shaping me

Same problem the last two weeks, from about 7 I can forget about gaming online.  1000+ ping from Richards Bay to Durban

Same here in Richards Bay for the last week, From about 6h30 online gaming is impossible, ping over 1000 from here to Durban.  Very frustrating. First issue I have had.

I am in eastern cape , despatch area and I also have high ping issues after 7pm. I play csgo and ping is everything to me. I can't play with 200+ ping !! My ping should be under 50 !!!

For the past few months now my LTE has dropped from +- 40mbs to 10mbs with a latency of 200+ms. the tower is +- 2km from my house and dirct line of sight, i also installed a booster and signal is full. the tower is situated between Builder warehouse and Festival mall. can Telkom please investigate if the tower is faulty or give me fibre......

Established Member

Yip I've had this problem for 18 months now. I have logged over 10 calls with no joy. Hellkom refuse to send somebody after hours to do tests. So they send a tech  (took 2 months) to test the speed during office hours. This is when everybody is at work and speed is OK. After ~17h30 I would be lucky to get 200Kbps. I've sent ookla speed test screenshots, I've pleaded, I've shouted, I've cried, I've sworn, all at no avail. Today no LTE at all for the whole day. On hold for 30 minutes to be told that there are 'high volumes of problems', whatever the @#$!@# that means!!!

Hellkom must be the most useless company in existence (nonpolitical that is).

Highlighted

Ive had the same problem for the last couple of months, I used to get speeds between 40 and 50 mbps, now im getting speeds between 5 and 15 mbps. Ive also noticed if i set my router to 1800MHZ 4G i get better speeds during the day and at night i get higher speeds using 2300MHZ. Thinking of getting a load balancing router and run my B593 router at 1800MHZ and my B315 at 2300MHZ. Anybody tried this or have any thoughts on this?
About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 Contributors