Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
GD

Websites blocked

Telkom is blocking access to online mail serivces and internet mail servers e.g. webmail.com, mailchimp.com and ISP mail server. I can access these accounts from mobile devices through both Vodacom and MTN but not using my TELKOM LTE WiFi router service!  This is beyond frustarting and unacceptable for basic mail usage! 

Please could someone explain, asssit or better yet tell me how to fix the problem?

I have rebooted the router, reset it, reset to factory setting, disabled firewall and taken MAC filters off! All without any change or success. Clearly TELKOM has blocked access to these sites. 

I had access to them before the holidays began. 

Re: Websites blocked

I am having the exact same issue and it seems Telkom has no idea how to fix it.  I cant connect to ebay, aliexpress and hotmail.  If I use my cell C sim card all these websites work.  I tried my sisters MTN sim and all the websites work.  I just migrated to a higher package only to have this issue.  My problem is that I need the internet for my buisiness. 

I am having the exact same issue.  It started on Saturday afternoon.  Nothing has changed with my set up.  All of a sudden I could not access ebay, paypal, aliexpress, hotmail and the list goes on.  I can access google and quite a few other webistes but not the above.  I use the above for my business.  If I cannot access these websites I make no money.  When I could not connect to those websites I tried my Cell C sim card and all the websites work.  I then reset my modem and tried again.  It still never worked.  I then tried the Telkom sim in my phone and I still cannot access the above websites.  Every other service provider conncets to these with no issue whatsoever.  I have contacted Telkom and they told me I have POP ups enabled and that there is some issue with my modem.  There is no issue on my side only Telkom.  They have blocked these websites and have no idea about this issue.  I am fuming mad as I just migrated to a higher package for business purposes and the very next day after migration Telkom block all the websites I use for business.  I do hope this is resolved asap as I have never had any issues with Telkom up until this weekend.

I can also confirm this problem. It's also effecting some of my Xbox Live functions. I can't seem to connect to EA servers (specifically BF1). Would love some feedback from Telkom?

Is everyone experiencing problems from Durban? I have 3 friends in Durban all having the same issue. And I saw a post on Facebook from a Durbanite with the same problem.

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone...

I am in Morningside Durban.

My entire business runs on Telkom Mobile and I have not been able to connect to various websites including microsoft.com. I have now seen a few threads about this however there has not been any definitive solution.

Can anyone from Telkom assist with this please....

I am in Richards Bay (North of Durban) and I can not log into PSN.  PC games have rubber banding and are not playable at all.  Alot of websites not working.  Speed test is fine and Streaming on Netflix and Youtube is no problem.   Started about Friday last week and no improvement.  Almost like the connection is shaped.... but not....

Some Feedback from Telkom would be great, have logged a fault but by the looks of it alot of LTE users around the country are experiencing some problems.

[ Edited ]

Telkom Mobile Lte sites blocked 

https://my.unisa.ac.za  is also blocked since December 2016.

All other Networks ( vodacom ,cellc , mtn , neotel and Adsl networks ) work 100%

i logged a call with Telkom and was given a refrence no.

got a call 3days later from a Telkom agent , related the entire scenario , was told some1 from the data dept will call. Still waiting

there is no issue with my device , its Ports blocked on the Telkom Mobile Lte network only.

Could you be more specific regarding the sites affected ?

[ Edited ]

Via the Durban , I am able to access the website https://my.unisa.ac.za. Seems slow with all the new registration though

About This Post