Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Websites blocked

We have been experiencing the same issues. Techcentral, BDLive, Rand Daily Mail, FNB banking, Yuppiechef, Daily Maverick, AirBnB and both our work secure sites, Microsoft, Xbox Live... the list goes on. All secure sites (https) although not all secure sites affected.  I;m also in Durban. Saw another thread where the Telkom respondent suggested changing DNS servers, however my Huawei router doesnt have a DNS server setting to change. Hope they sort this out soon, as the service is becoming increasinly more useless to me.

Log in to your router, go to Ethernet settings and change the primary DNS to 8.8.8.8. This solved my Xbox live issues, but I still have some issues loading websites from my phone.

From your pc go into wifi properties and change the DNS there as well. This seems to have allowed me to access a couple of the blocked sites from my PC.

If you don't know how to do that, type in 192.168.8.1 into your browser, click settings, username admin, password admin. Click Ethernet, ethernet settings and check set DMS manually. Then type in 8.8.8.8. Again this seems to have only helped me with XBOX LIVE

Unfortunately this seems to have stopped working as of today.

[ Edited ]

I  have the same problem

I'm also in Morningside Durban and have been experiencing the same problem with certain .co.za websites including my own one. No problem using MTN or Vodacom 3G/4G but issues with Telkom LTE. The Telkom consultant could not provide a time frame for correcting the problem and listed some sort of DDOS attack as the cause.

Anyway I live in hope. Hopefully the matter is resolved soon.

I have the same problem. I am from Durban cant get accsess to playmoregolf.co.za-britishairways.com -saxotrader.com however fine using Vodacom???

I notice that an icon appears telling me the site is not safe but was fine a week ago.

Trying to get a response from Telkom is slow any advise will be appreciated.

Regards

Russell

[ Edited ]

We have been working with Akamai to get this resolved. Unfortunately this took some time on their side to get fixed. Sites like xbox, playstation, microsoft, british airways etc should all now be accesible

Dear All

Please, please, please tell me how to resolve this? It's July 2018 and I am having the same issues. Working one day, website editor won't load in full the next. Works fine using my phone as a modem. Just won't work through my LTE router. 

Please spell out the solution simply!  I can't take much more. Losing money each day because I can't work.

Thanks!

This started happening to our Huawaei Telkom router as of last week when I bought more prepaid data. I’ve logged a call with telkom but no solution. I can’t get on to a specific website unless I go on via my mobile 3G SIM card in my phone or th one in my Apple iPad. Using WiFi via the router just leaves safari hanging. What the heck is up. 

About This Post