Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

When are the LTE antennas arriving?

Hello

We have been waiting since June 2016 for our LTE antenna.

It is now 5 months later and we are still been told that there are no LTE annennas available.

We are paying monthly for bad service because we do not have an LTE antenna.

In June we were lied too because we were told it would be 3 weeks.

Can someone please advise as to when these LTE anttennas will be here.

Thank you

Moderator Moderator

Re: When are the LTE antennas arriving?

Hi @Michael1, the process for antenna installations has changed. Should you not be satisfied with the performance of your service, you would need to follow the following process to arrange a call back with the view to arranging a site visit to come and test your service. At that stage, a technician will discuss the possibility of an antenna to strengthen your signal.

Send an email to: hso@telkom.co.za

Include the following details - 

1. Name & Surname
  2. Physical Address
  3. Date of Purchase
  4. Contact numbers

output_Svao80.gif
Established Member

Dear NC

Thank you for replying to my question.

My problem with your response is that Telkom is now going back on what it sold to me. You cannot sell someone a product and then change what you are prepared to provide them.

This is what I was sold for R799 per month (although I am been billed R807.50)

1. Unlimited access to LTE with no throttling, except on torrents after 50gb.
  2. An LTE router
  3. An antenna with instillation (it is on my invoice, I should not have to prove I need it, which I do)
  4. Speeds of 150mbit per second, but realistically we can expect 90mbit per second.

I have in the last 5 months received 2 and part of 1.

I hereby request that without any further delays, Telkom honours its commitment to providing what it offered. 

Again, you cannot move the goal posts, especially after you have taken payment from me for several months now.

Please can the horrible thing be arranged so that Telkom’s integrity can remain intact.

Thank you

PS, I have also sent an e-mail as requested in your post.

Established Member

good day,

i'm having the same issue as @Michael1. i'm waiting for my antenna since July. i've followed the protocol and send the email to hso@telkom.co.za. since then i havenot received any reply from telkom regarding delivery of the antenna.

when i signed up, the deal included the antenna and installation. why should we all settle for anything less than what we were promised.

i am most certainly not satisfied with the performance of the product, nor the service from telkom.

we are paying a premium of R799,00 per month for what?

thanks 

vicky

Established Member

So they finally came and put in our antenna today.  It does not work, we are only getting 5mb/s

I am now trying to get a 2nd team out to see what can be done, as the Telkom mast is only 2 blocks away from us.

The purpose of this responce is just to advise people that the antenna may not work, but appearantly there is a 2nd team that can to some magic.

I am opening a new thread for help with getting the second team out.

At least you got someone out.

I have now been waiting since June of this year.  With every phone call there is some excuse as to why they have not come and put it up yet.  The general one is there is no stock.  I am fed up, as i have now been paying for a service i am not receiving - and false advertising!

Please can you tell me how you got them to come round?

Same story here, been waiting since June and only getting 3G connection with mine!

Moderator Moderator

Hi @KeiserZA, could you please email hso@telkom.co.za and include all your contact details.

output_Svao80.gif

Did so several times already since August:

Email time list:

27 July

5 August

20 August

19 September

31 October

1 November

2 November

All email included:

Account Holder Full name and Surname

Physical Address

Date of Purchase

Contact Number

And the last three has also included my crap intenet speed as per the telkom SAIX speed test, which, just for kicks are:

Network Speed as per http://rosebank.spdtst.saix.net/ to Cape Town: 

Download Speed: 320 kbps (40 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 150 kbps (18.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 384 ms
10/31/2016, 5:38:53 PM

I have now emailed HSO@Telkom.co.za several times, i have phoned telkom mobile, telkom mobile sales, telkom general, posted here, posted on several other sites, spoken to my lawyer, and still telkom has not docked up the Antenna that they addvertised i would be getting, nor have they made any attempts to contact me as to why not!  I am left with no choise but to take them on in court if they dont deliver soon!

AS PER THE CONTACT SIGNED BY ME:

33. Subscribers will receive a SIM card, external poynting panel antenna and a Huawei LTE WiFi router with
the SmartBroadband Uncapped Wireless package.  

Under the Advertisment, *Fine Print, Column titled Devices, it clearly stipulates that the "benifits of smart braodband uncapped wireless" is a Poynthing External Panel Antenna - which i have not received since my order 23 July 2016!

I refuse to pay, and would like to be compensated for this inconvenience as my internet speed is:

as per http://rosebank.spdtst.saix.ne t/ to Cape Town: 
Download Speed: 320 kbps (40 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 150 kbps (18.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 384 ms
10/31/2016, 5:38:53 PM

And this is on LTE!

About This Post
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 Contributors