Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Why does Telkom not call me back?

I applied for the SmartBroadband Uncapped wireless internet @ R 599 on 2 March. I've received two emails from Telkom stating they couldn't get a hold of me. They tried to call me friday morning, but when I picked up the phone was silent. I have contacted Telkom multiple times (probably around 9 times) trying to get them to call me again. Please can someone help me to finalise this process? My information has been forwarded four times to managers or sales departments, but no one has tried to call me yet. I might seem hasty, but I would think Telkom would jump to get us to sign contracts and serve their customers. Ticket number: 020316-125335

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Why does Telkom not call me back?

Hi @rudivanbiljon I have now directed your query to a Sales Team to contact you back.

Established Member

Thanx AW. I will accept the answer when the sales team eventually calls.

@AW wrote:

Hi @rudivanbiljon I have now directed your query to a Sales Team to contact you back.

Hi,

I am having the same problem with them. I thought that they would be more keen to have my business. Doesn't seem like it.

i laso have applied for the mobile wifi router with 5gig data online but as ussual Telkom wont respond, i previously tried to order but the same thing happened telkom wont respond and i end up taking my business somewhere because even you call its the same you will be on hold for more than 20 minutes

I'm also having issues with Telkom getting in touch with me. I was in your Canal Walk store on Monday (8 March). Applied for SmartHome Advanced package because I was sick of waiting for them to get in touch about the SmartBroadband Uncapped wireless internet @ R 599 I applied for (applied 2 Feb and nothing!). Anyway, they approved me in store and gave me three sim cards but now I am still waiting for my router and dongle to be delivered and no one has been in touch. I also have no reference number and no details of who to call about this. How long will it take for someone to get in touch?

what do you expect? telkom is a useless company.

You don't pay your account and they cut you off 123 but when it comes down to them actually giving you support they will get to it when they feel like it.

But at the current rate the company is losing $$$ hopefully a couple more years then we will be free of this trash and other companies will move in and take over and actually fix,support and value their customers which telkom took for granted all these years.

I personally can't wait for that day

Established Member

Thanks AW. Lets not turn this site into a Telkom bashing /service complaint site. Thats what Hellopeter etc is about .

That is exactly what has happened to me. 
I get emails saying they tried to call - when they didnt.  The one time I did get a call I picked up and there was no answer on the other end.  The email are No Reply so I cant respond, and there is no phone number or link or anything to let me konw what to do to reach Telkom as they cannot reach me.

I have now had an email saying that I have to reapply as they could not reach me.

When I try to reorder the website is broken.

Not sure what to do next

I'm having the same problem.. I always get a call back, but there is no one on the other side.

Eventually I got to speak to someone, and they asked me to confirm my name, then the call died.

I'm on a cellphone, so it gets really expensive waiting for them to answer, and when they do, they take my details then put me on hold, until all my airtime is up.

I really want to order an adsl line, but the closest telkom direct is an hours drive away... It's not something I can do during a lunch break.

About This Post