Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Wrong Billing for months now

[ Edited ]

Hi Telkom, I dont know what to do anymore.

I took out a LTE 10GB contract at the Tygervalley store about 2/3year ago and i paid R 469 a month for that package. Last year October I saw you guys have specials on a 50GB LTE package and i went to the Tygervalley store where i spoke to Debbie one of the sales ladies at the store. I asked her if i can upgrade my pacakge from the 10GB package to the 50GB for R 699 package and she said yes.

I did all the paperwork necessary for the upgrade and they said all i fine and that from the next month ill start paying R 699 a month for the 50GB package. This did not happen as i was billed R 2100 for the first month and i think R 1800 for the second month and when i went to store to get answers on the billing they said that Debbie signed me up for the wrong package and she signed me up for R 1599 package.

I have been trying to get this resolved but no one at Telkom gets back to me. I have spoken to your Accounts department about 50times and also about 10 Team leaders and no one can sort this out.

My next step is to stop the debit order and not to pay anything. This is my LTE number **edit**.

Please have a look at my account and get back to me as i would like to have all the money i have been overbilled back and this is becoming a joke now.

Thanks
Not a Happy Customer

Highlighted

Re: Wrong Billing for months now

I've been lurking here for a while now, trying to see how Telkom's support has improved.

I've been wanting to take the leap and get LTE for my small business, but reading things like this, I don't know.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Here we are.... a week later and no reply to my issue... Got a msg that the branch manager will contact me....Still waiting for that call.

@Elgee wrote:

Hi Telkom, I dont know what to do anymore.

I took out a LTE 10GB contract at the Tygervalley store about 2/3year ago and i paid R 469 a month for that package. Last year October I saw you guys have specials on a 50GB LTE package and i went to the Tygervalley store where i spoke to Debbie one of the sales ladies at the store. I asked her if i can upgrade my pacakge from the 10GB package to the 50GB for R 699 package and she said yes.

I did all the paperwork necessary for the upgrade and they said all i fine and that from the next month ill start paying R 699 a month for the 50GB package. This did not happen as i was billed R 2100 for the first month and i think R 1800 for the second month and when i went to store to get answers on the billing they said that Debbie signed me up for the wrong package and she signed me up for R 1599 package.

I have been trying to get this resolved but no one at Telkom gets back to me. I have spoken to your Accounts department about 50times and also about 10 Team leaders and no one can sort this out.

My next step is to stop the debit order and not to pay anything. This is my LTE number **edit**.

Please have a look at my account and get back to me as i would like to have all the money i have been overbilled back and this is becoming a joke now.

Thanks
Not a Happy Customer

Highlighted

Here we are again.....No response and no call from any store manager .....Why do you guys have this service if you can’t do anything about issues that your customers have or is this just to make it look like you would like to help??

This is ridiculous and the amount you need to pay back to my is growing by the day..... Im giving this 3 more days and then the Omboudsman will have to take this further because I have given you more than enough time to sort this out for me and for some reason no one at Telkom knows how to fix a billing problem if they made the mistake. I don’t know if it’s because they are incompetent or just don’t care.

Also please don’t send me personal messages saying you going to get someone to call me back or get them to sort it out… Post it on this issue so that South Africa can see how you don’t resolve anything..

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Elgee,  I have handed this to our Telkom Direct Store management. There team will be assisting you. You can expect a call if you have not already received one. Again, apologies for your experience but glad we could help.

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors