Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: degrading LTE speeds

@kingshaun will you try something for me. Log onto your modem and change the connection from auto to first 4G only then do a speed test then log on again and change it to 3g and do a speed test. Then post your results.
Highlighted

Hi, when I get a chance during a slow period I will do the change to 4G Only, but the test is moot - the Smartbroadband Unlimited Wireless LTE SIM card is *only* activated for 4G.

The SIM itself will not connect using 3G at all. I have verified this myself, and it is in the Terms and Conditions of the product that it is an LTE only service.

Highlighted

about a month into my contract and im starting to experience the same issue for 19:00 till 22:00 which i checked is not peak time ??

please fowwlow up as soon as possible

Highlighted

Same Sh1t everywhere. I've heard rumours Telkom is adding more towers and also talks about them adopting the 1800 Mhz range. If that is really the case they will avoid tons of hate comments on social networks by releasing some sort of press release to explain the issues.

I've been trying for the last 6 weeks to speak to someone that knows what is going on but everytime just get to answer some security questions and then provide my case number. After that I get an apology for the inconvenience and a promise that someone will contact me back.....nothing has changed and no one has contacted me.. 

Between 19:00 and 23:00 I get between 0.3 Mbps and 3 Mbps

Any other time I get between 70 Mbps and 95 Mbps

I dont use torrents.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@ThisIsUrgent, you have to report this to 081180 and get a case logged. We can help with general stuff but not Service issues

About This Post
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 Contributors