Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Poor Service by Sell Direct on behalf of Telkom

Good morning,

I would like further action taken!

Approximately  two weeks ago I was busy on my Telkom app on my cell phone, when I notice that I was due for an upgrade. So I clicked on “request upgrade” through the “Telkom APP”. I was contacted by sell direct “on behalf of Telkom” a week later.  They had an offer for me, which was incredible.  I accepted the agreement and awaited my phone.  At this stage I was very impressed with Telkom and the service I was getting.

The upgrade cell phone arrived on 24th August at approximately 11h00. Wow, what an awesome phone the Huawei P8 lite.  With this awesome phone, came a set of instruction from sell direct. So following through the instruction I get to a point where I am instructed to phone 021 0017500 to activate the package and sim card.

Well this is where the relationship began to go south.

So on the pamphlet it stated that this is an automated service.  When you phone it is until you press “2”. After you’ve pressed “2” the phone rings and rings until its cut off.  I place numerous calls to the supplied number from 11h10 until 14h00.  By this stage all levels of patience is now out the window.  I am swiftly onto google to find their website to possible try a different number. The other number labelled reception 021 001 7400 clearly is not manned as this number rang as well with no response.

So I then thought “lets take another approach”, so I emailed info@selldirect.co.za. I informed the info department as nicely as possible that I was battling to get through to the activation number.  A Randall Miller responded and asked for my ID for activation.

I wasn’t quiet satisfied with this as I had already been battling to get through to them. So I though “let’s try the infamous number again”. So I dial an additional 20 time and hit the jackpot!!!! I got answered, the lady on the other end of the phone requested my ID number again for activation and informed me that it would be activated within the day.  Now satisfied that I had done what I needed to do. I sat back and waited for the activation.

Only to wake up on the Friday to find the phone had still not been activated.  I then  swiftly sent a mail to Randall Miller who requested my ID number again.

To cut this long agonising story short.  It is now MONDAY and the PHONE is yet to be activated!!!!!

So my points are:

1. I requested and upgrade service through Telkom. This is an EXTREMELY poor representation of Telkom. If Sell Direct is going to represent (“on behalf of Telkom”) then something need to be done with their customer service, as I will not be going down this road again. I have been with Telkom Mobile for a good 7 years now and this is the first time I can say I horrified with the service.
  2. As the Huawei P8 Lite is “under” a Telkom contract, please indicate how is the phone going to be activated? This phone is no good to me as a paper weight.
  3. How is “Telkom” going to ensure to their client that this sort of service is going to be addressed? It is Telkom’s promise “We connect you to a better life. By talking and listening to you so that we understand your needs, we meet them with products and solutions that keep you connected to what matters, both today and tomorrow”. Because I can ensure my life has not been made better through Sell Directs service.  I have had to walk around with 2 cell phones the entire weekend in case my number, which was to be upgraded, was activated on the P8 lite. Meaning the current sims card deactivated!!!

I look forward to your speedy response in this matter

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Poor Service by Sell Direct on behalf of Telkom

Hello try turning off our phone and then back on

Highlighted

Your Solution is not working. May we have another number at Sell Direct that is working properly(answerable). I have the same problem

Highlighted

i am so angry about the service that telkom and sell direct has they are not treating customers fairly 

Highlighted

I have tried calling their call centre,  0210017500 just rings, when you eventually get through, use the prompt no.  2 rings and cuts off,  this is off no use,  back service by Sell Direct on behalf of Telkom.  what can i do or should i go to telkom and compain

Highlighted

@MichaelDC wrote:

Good morning,

I would like further action taken!

Approximately  two weeks ago I was busy on my Telkom app on my cell phone, when I notice that I was due for an upgrade. So I clicked on “request upgrade” through the “Telkom APP”. I was contacted by sell direct “on behalf of Telkom” a week later.  They had an offer for me, which was incredible.  I accepted the agreement and awaited my phone.  At this stage I was very impressed with Telkom and the service I was getting.

The upgrade cell phone arrived on 24th August at approximately 11h00. Wow, what an awesome phone the Huawei P8 lite.  With this awesome phone, came a set of instruction from sell direct. So following through the instruction I get to a point where I am instructed to phone 021 0017500 to activate the package and sim card.

Well this is where the relationship began to go south.

So on the pamphlet it stated that this is an automated service.  When you phone it is until you press “2”. After you’ve pressed “2” the phone rings and rings until its cut off.  I place numerous calls to the supplied number from 11h10 until 14h00.  By this stage all levels of patience is now out the window.  I am swiftly onto google to find their website to possible try a different number. The other number labelled reception 021 001 7400 clearly is not manned as this number rang as well with no response.

So I then thought “lets take another approach”, so I emailed info@selldirect.co.za. I informed the info department as nicely as possible that I was battling to get through to the activation number.  A Randall Miller responded and asked for my ID for activation.

I wasn’t quiet satisfied with this as I had already been battling to get through to them. So I though “let’s try the infamous number again”. So I dial an additional 20 time and hit the jackpot!!!! I got answered, the lady on the other end of the phone requested my ID number again for activation and informed me that it would be activated within the day.  Now satisfied that I had done what I needed to do. I sat back and waited for the activation.

Only to wake up on the Friday to find the phone had still not been activated.  I then  swiftly sent a mail to Randall Miller who requested my ID number again.

To cut this long agonising story short.  It is now MONDAY and the PHONE is yet to be activated!!!!!

So my points are:

1. I requested and upgrade service through Telkom. This is an EXTREMELY poor representation of Telkom. If Sell Direct is going to represent (“on behalf of Telkom”) then something need to be done with their customer service, as I will not be going down this road again. I have been with Telkom Mobile for a good 7 years now and this is the first time I can say I horrified with the service.
  2. As the Huawei P8 Lite is “under” a Telkom contract, please indicate how is the phone going to be activated? This phone is no good to me as a paper weight.
  3. How is “Telkom” going to ensure to their client that this sort of service is going to be addressed? It is Telkom’s promise “We connect you to a better life. By talking and listening to you so that we understand your needs, we meet them with products and solutions that keep you connected to what matters, both today and tomorrow”. Because I can ensure my life has not been made better through Sell Directs service.  I have had to walk around with 2 cell phones the entire weekend in case my number, which was to be upgraded, was activated on the P8 lite. Meaning the current sims card deactivated!!!

I look forward to your speedy response in this matter

I have tried calling their call centre,  0210017500 just rings, when you eventually get through, use the prompt no.  2 rings and cuts off,  this is off no use,  back service by Sell Direct on behalf of Telkom.  what can i do or should i go to telkom and compain

Highlighted

I'm having the same experience! :-(

Highlighted

I'm curerently experiencing the same :-(

Highlighted

Good day, 

I just took a wifi router contract from telkom via Sell Direct because i saw it was a reasonable deal.

I experience the same experience as other complaine in this 0210017500 number when i tried to activate the router it rang and after you press option 2 it just cut. i tried more than ten times.

WHAT A POOR SERVICE BY THESE GUYS!

Highlighted

Hi, has any one come right with these people?? I am having the same problem. 

About This Post