Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Upgrade from SmartInternet 15GB package to SmartInternet 100GB package - HELP!!!

Towards end of November last year I put in a request to upgrade my exisitng SmatrInternet15GB contract to a SmartInternet 100GB package. I did did the Upgrade Application at the Telkom Direct Shop in Clerwater Mall. The new package would mean my monthly cpontract fee increses to R999/m - that's an increase of about R400 for Telkom every month. At the Telkom Direct Shop I was told that the upgrade would take 3-5 working days. Today is the 20th of January and I am still waiting for the upgrade to happen. I've tried on FIVE occasions now to speak to someone in the LTE Sales Call Centre but cannot get through to agent after holding on for a minimum of 15min per phone call. I've logged this issue twice now using the on-line chat service, on both occasions I was promised that my case would be "escelated" and that I would receive a phone call from someone but I am still waiting. Is there anyone out there that could possibly assist me?!!!! I am going CRAZY with frustration - PLEASE assist!

Re: Upgrade from SmartInternet 15GB package to SmartInternet 100GB package - HELP!!!

I am also experiencing the same frustration. 

The delivery for a smart broadband package for R999 per month was made on 12 Nov 2015. Today is the 23 Jan 2016 and I am still waiting for the service to be installed. 

I have already been billed for 2 months for the service and have paid via debit order. 

I have tried on several ocassions to get through and still no assistance. Tired of being messed around. What do I need to  do to get some service?????? 

Let me know. 

Re: Upgrade from SmartInternet 15GB package to SmartInternet 100GB package - HELP!!!

I am having a slightly different experience.

I contacted @TelkomZA to query if I can migrate to higher data plan and was told it is possible,my package is SmartInternet 7.5GB Promo.

I went to my local TM store and was basically told it is not possible,cannot migrate from SmartInternet to SmartBroadband and the only option being that I need to sign up for an additional contract.

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors