Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Fixed Wireless Phone Internet

Today I received a fixed wireless phone (AGP-KW125) to use as a voice line on the Closer option but it comes with 10GB data usage as well. I have no idea how to set it up so that I can connect to the Internet and use the phone to set up a wi-fi hotspot in my home. The manual doesn't help. How do I do it?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Fixed Wireless Phone Internet

Is there a softcopy of the manual? I googled but can't find anything.  If I can read something might be able to assist...

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Established Member

Post an email address then I will forward you a user manual.

Moderator Moderator

@Buzz24 The user manual can now be found on the vendors site - http://www.sstelecoms.com/product/atel-agp-kw125-4/

output_Svao80.gif

[ Edited ]

Here is the directions on setting the hotspot up.

• Press the menu button, navigate to the Connectivity icon (last icon, bottom right), press OK
  • navigate down to number 5 (Internet tethering), press OK
  • goto no 1 (WLAN Hotspot), press OK
  • use the right direction switch until no 1 display On
  • navigate to no 4 (security mode), use direction switch to right to change the security mode (either open network or WPA2 PSK)
  • if WPA2 psk is chosen navigate to no 5(password) and input a password of your choice
  • press save
  • press Yes to Share phones Internet connection, it will state Please wait and when ready it will say OK.

Your hotspot is now ready to use.
If you want to check your usage, and you have a an Android cell phone, download the Telkom Mobile app.
If you want to check your usage, open the app and navigate to the top menu item (view balance) select it an it will show you your balance of usage for the month.

Just a tip for Linux users. Select "COM PORT" when tethering via USB and set up a mobile broadband connection in Network Manager for 8.ta
(or just use 'internet' as the APN)
For some weird reason this works while "USB TETHERING" doesn't.

How do i tether using the SS-T98 Model?

Hi,

How do i tether the internet off my wireless device (SS-T98).

Can i do it directly off the phone or will i need to use a router?

Established Member

I've tried this settings on my AGP-KW125. When I reach the part to input a password and save, it tells me invalid password. It doesn't allow me to save. I've even tried the default password which doesn't work. What other password can I use.

Waya Waya Wireless phone - Telkom DWR-720/P

Telkom delivered a DWR-720/P for a prepaid line for the pending Fibre line they rolling out as the copper line will be discontinued

Question is after the phone is charger and SIM inserted, what needs to be done to get it working?

Telkom not very helpful on the phone

Does the SIM need to be RICA first?

It was charged and sim card installed but theres no dial tone

Any ideas?

About This Post
  • 15 replies
  • 21 kudos
  • 13 Contributors