Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Incorrect Deductions and service suspension

I had 2x smartplan100 plus 5gb data contracts.

I was called by some company that deals with telkom contract upgrades can't remember the name. I did everything OTP. Phones arrived. I have two phones on the same contract. I chose the Huawei P8lite 199pm and the Galaxy S6 399pm 1gb data, 100 free minutes and costs capped at R100 with no add on data, because i wanted to keep the 5Gb data, but it cost like 689 for the add on data, so I declined.

Here is the thing... The last deduction for previous contract was on 1 Feb 2016, First deduction of new contract was on 29 Feb 2016. To top that, the amount was 2125.75!!!! I never planned for this in my budget so it totally screwed up everything financially for me for that month. I contacted Telkom customer care and according to them it was prorata (btw the guy on the phone never explained to me about prorata payment) PLUS 2xAdd on Data which i declined. He also said that he will log a case and that i should go to the bank and reverse the that payment. Another thing was the debit order date is supposed to be on the first of every month. He also said that the cost of the 2x add on data will be credited to my account as it shouldn't be part of the current contract and that the prorata cannot be reversed unfortunately, which was okay by me. Also he warned me that my service will be suspended due to the reversal, but as soon as the case gets sorted, service will be reactivated. It never happened.

On 24 March they debited 2000, It should have been 2125.75 I called them they said I need to pay in the difference for my service to be reactivated. So I did immediately. By the 30th the next debit order went off 1490.10 and up to now my service has been suspended this whole time. I called them again, they say I have to pay 3615.85 minus the 125.75 difference. I was PISSED! They say the other payments does not show on their system, but they have resolved the problem of the 2x add on data and that they credited it back into the Telkom account. I would rather them pay it back into my bank account.

I am now over 60 days in arrears, with no money for this month, because i have payed the full amount outstanding and I received a new invoice yesterday. All of this is just getting worse the more i wait for them to sort out this problem. I have payed what i had to pay, my service is still suspended and they are still billing me.

I need to talk to someone who can help me, these customer care agents are not helping me properly.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Incorrect Deductions and service suspension

Hi @Muzzammeel unfortunately this forum is not for Service related issues like yours, rather for peer 2 peer support.

I would recomment trying some of our service channels or go into a store to query this.

Should you wish to speak to Telkom, we have a few option to suit your needs.

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10120 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store
Highlighted

Hi,

Going to a telkom store never works because the people in your stores never know whats goign on.

I had the same problem but before I did the reversal I went into the telkom store and they said that I can make partial payment and contact the call centre, issue the the payment reference number and to tell them not to block my phone lines. So I did this only to have my lines cut off.

Telkom then took to debit payments the next month and said that the payment is not reflecting on their systme because it is with collections and told me that I have to wait 14 working days before my lines get switched on. Bull**bleep**!

My phones are still off and I cannot get through to anyone to assist me. 180 is useless because they cannot tell me anything other than the fact that my account is with collections. They cannot help me get my phone lines turned on.

Telkom gets a zero when it comes to referring them to anyone.

Highlighted

Hi,

Going to a telkom store never works because the people in your stores never know whats goign on.

I had the same problem but before I did the reversal I went into the telkom store and they said that I can make partial payment and contact the call centre, issue the the payment reference number and to tell them not to block my phone lines. So I did this only to have my lines cut off.

Telkom then took to debit payments the next month and said that the payment is not reflecting on their systme because it is with collections and told me that I have to wait 14 working days before my lines get switched on. Bull**bleep**!

My phones are still off and I cannot get through to anyone to assist me. 180 is useless because they cannot tell me anything other than the fact that my account is with collections. They cannot help me get my phone lines turned on.

Telkom gets a zero when it comes to referring them to anyone.

@Muzzammeel wrote:

I was called by some company that deals with telkom contract upgrades can't remember the name. I did everything OTP. Phones arrived. I have two phones on the same contract. I chose the Huawei P8lite 199pm and the Galaxy S6 399pm 1gb data, 100 free minutes and costs capped at R100 with no add on data, because i wanted to keep the 5Gb data, but it cost like 689 for the add on data, so I declined.

Here is the thing... The last deduction for previous contract was on 1 Feb 2016, First deduction of new contract was on 29 Feb 2016. To top that, the amount was 2125.75!!!! I never planned for this in my budget so it totally screwed up everything financially for me for that month. I contacted Telkom customer care and according to them it was prorata (btw the guy on the phone never explained to me about prorata payment) PLUS 2xAdd on Data which i declined. He also said that he will log a case and that i should go to the bank and reverse the that payment. Another thing was the debit order date is supposed to be on the first of every month. He also said that the cost of the 2x add on data will be credited to my account as it shouldn't be part of the current contract and that the prorata cannot be reversed unfortunately, which was okay by me. Also he warned me that my service will be suspended due to the reversal, but as soon as the case gets sorted, service will be reactivated. It never happened.

On 24 March they debited 2000, It should have been 2125.75 I called them they said I need to pay in the difference for my service to be reactivated. So I did immediately. By the 30th the next debit order went off 1490.10 and up to now my service has been suspended this whole time. I called them again, they say I have to pay 3615.85 minus the 125.75 difference. I was PISSED! They say the other payments does not show on their system, but they have resolved the problem of the 2x add on data and that they credited it back into the Telkom account. I would rather them pay it back into my bank account.

I am now over 60 days in arrears, with no money for this month, because i have payed the full amount outstanding and I received a new invoice yesterday. All of this is just getting worse the more i wait for them to sort out this problem. I have payed what i had to pay, my service is still suspended and they are still billing me.

I need to talk to someone who can help me, these customer care agents are not helping me properly.

@Muzzammeel wrote:

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors