Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Mobile Number Porting

How do I port my number to telkom.

i visited a telkom store. Then I tried sms'ing the PORTME#my I'd number# then my ICCID to 0811607678

but keep getting the reply that I need to enter a 20 digit sim number. My sim serial number is only 19 digits long.

what should I do as it's been 3 days since I visited the telkom store. I was told it will take at most 2 days. 

Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Mobile Number Porting

Ok nevermind.... i just realised it has to be the new SIM card ID and that's 20 digits long. 

Sorry lol but now my SMS finally went through.

Good day,

For 2 days now I have been trying to port my cell c number to Telkom. But unsuccessfully.

I tried by PORTME sms and I do not receive any sort of confirmation, and your customer care line confirmed they didnt get the order.

Then I went to 2 different branches (Hyde Park and Norwood), which none of them managed to do it, they say that I will receive a text with a PIN, but nothing comes through...

I have confirmed with CELL C which say that, they have not received any sort of request from you to Port my number and they confirmed that my number has no problem, the problem must be with you.

Please advise and sort this problem out ASAP as it is a terrible way of starting, I am not even your client yet and already have complaints...

Thank you and looking forward to your reply.

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem. Please can someone help me

i want to port my number to telkom but they keep saying there is a mismatch o information given ive verified the numbers buy no luck please help.

Hi,

I have been using my MTN number for more then 10 years now.

I want to port to Telkom, what can I do.

The Sim number is only 19 digits long.

I am having the same problem since 24th DEcember 2018 and it is now 07 January 2019 and Telkom call centre gives me different stories everyday i call. I did the porting in store.

mv1

Having the same problem of porting number from vodacom to,telkom. Im desperate to find a solution. Contract approved and can phone to all networks, recieve from telkom numbers, but no joy from other networks. Tried telkom facebook, web and 5x 180! Recieved a sms that query is resolved,! Phoned 180...and the lady said, ...sorry...and cannot give a ref number.

does anyone have any other way I can resolve this??? Please help!!!

About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 Contributors