Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member
Accepted Solution

NOT REGISTERED ON MTN NETWORK

My wife has acquired a new Huawei P8 Lite handset on the new 1 GB Freeme Contract. She was previously with Vodacom and so she ported her existing number over to this new contract. The problem she now having is that she is unable to receive incoming calls from Vodacom & Cell C networks and Telkom Landlines. The error message that these diallers get is "The number you have called  is not available on the MTN Network".

What is strange is that she is able to receive calls from either Telkom Mobile or MTN numbers. Also she is able to make outgoing calls to all networks and service providers.

We have been to the local Telkom Mobile Agency but they have as yet not been able solve the problem and have escalated the problem through to their technical division. In the meantime my wife is unable to receive all her incoming calls which is very frustrating to say the least.

Has anyone experienced similar problems or have suggestiond as to how to fix the problem. It will be much appreciated.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: NOT REGISTERED ON MTN NETWORK

@Squareleg, i noticed that when I ported a few years back. I dont think the whole process had completed. It was as if it needed to update across all the networks records. Almost like DNS for a domain needs to update across the globe. It did come right

Highlighted
Established Member

The problem has been sorted. It was a routing issue in that not all the networks had updated their routing for the number that was ported. I was eventually pointed in the right direction when I was told to send this issue direct to theTelkom Mobile’s PST team (porting team). They sorted it out very quickly. If anybody experiences a similar problem in the future, just an email email through to the following address: pst@8ta.com .

Highlighted

Same problem. Still not sorted, even after loggin 3 different queries over a period of four months......

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors