Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: New order process for phone and internet

Thanks, I guess so, but if it won’t connect, I think they will have a problem, billing me?

Sent from my iPhone
Valued Contributor

@keithpendry

Yep 😀 sounds safe from roaming charges - sorry, I misread your post re only wifi connecting.  Otherwise they’d have no problem billing for data usage if you applied to activate international roaming before your trip & your phone mobile data is switched on - it would auto connect on roaming via local carriers.    

Your number’s listed on SA central database  serviced by TELKMOBL’ so the sim issue should be a quick fix . A Telkom store will activate it same day if still not connected on your return.

Hope local sim works OK for you meanwhile - 

Ha thanks it’s nice to have a respite, if someone needs me they have email! So it’s listed thanks! Perhaps someone from Telkom might want to be proactive! There web sites are certainly not, very ten years ago!

Sent from my iPhone

Well having not been able to register the problem by email on any of the sites apart from this one! I finally, at great expense had to make an intentional telephone call to Telkom Adderly St. The girl I spoke to was most helpful, telling me the sim had been changed and actioned and we checked all the numbers, I have since emailed her and am awaiting a response and hopefully a solution!

Worst Service Ever

Good Day

What is wrong with your service you give customers?

We signed up for our home modemn uncapped and it was a nightmare of note, going back and forth to the Kenilworth centre

shop 3 days in a row and waiting for about and 1h30mins each time. Once the application was filled in and all approved we where required to pay R700.00 we would have liked to do that the very moment only to be told they where off line for payments(GOSH again).

we tried the next day got tols they off line we must go to the post office, the post office sent us back to telkom as they dont do that deposits. So again another 3 days later we went to Cavendish telkom only to be told they cant help so we went back to KC telkom and then we could pay.

After payment was done forms filled in process is now on the go got told 21days from receipt of the application.

21days later i called the call centre who informed me that they dont have the order in process so i requested that the store call me back.

after 3 days i called the call centre again and once again asked that the store call me back. That evening i went into the store and when i got there the girl that assisted us there the process saw me and told me to come to her counter. She new my surname and quickly opened the profile and said o i have been trying to get hold of you. my reply was how and showed her my phone that she could see no call had come through. she looked at my profile and said o barn the call centre gave me the wrong number to call.  She couldnt used the numbers on the profile could think any further then that.

While she is checking the profile says o it was cancelled i asked why as there should be a reason and her reply was o there isnt one.

but she will try and find and and send the request through again.

After a week i went into the store again after no communication from the Kenilworth centre branch and asked what is happening now as there has been no word from them.  the order is still in process the consult has gien me her email address but im the one having to asked about the line its now over 3 weeks besides the 21 days we waited.

Your services to customers is the worst ever no communication from stores and consults, no report of what the issues are but we are 

good enough to pay.

You shouldnt take on any more customers until you have your ducks in a row.

imgaine what our uncapped line service is going to be like the

Please sort out asap

Valued Contributor

Hello @tanya4

Sorry to see this happening - sympathy to you . So frustrating being sent from pillar to post and still no joy. 

We’re also customers in the forum,  so unfortunately can’t help much ( no Telkom support agents here ). 

You should message a detailed complaint to a Telkom media team ( below),  with copy on email to support@telkom.co.za for decent feedback & results.  include your order number, all related refs & dates , and a copy of your deposit payment. 

Say an acceptable response is required within 48 hours .

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

Hope this helps .  Good luck , please do let us know what happens. 

I am not sure who is  able to assist as I am at wits end after having been to your stores, sending mails, chats etc, all to no avail. I ordered a new ADSL line(fibre is not available as yet) for my home ban ref 503952956 and ref 29564600050395108888 and am still waiting SEVEN weeks later, Please assist or escalate if possible? I even paid 700 as deposit One of your agents called me up to ask if I wanted to cancel..when I actually need the line. Not an ideal start to my Telkom relationship..

Valued Contributor

Hi @IrafaanM

We’re customers in the forum,  sorry but we can’t help much with service issues ( no Telkom support agents here ). 

You might find infrastructure issues are holding up your installation, but several other factors could be causing the delay.

You should message a detailed complaint to a Telkom media team ( below),  with copy emailed to support@telkom.co.za for decent feedback & results.  

include your order number, all related refs & dates ,a copy of your deposit payment, and ask them for an urgent update .

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

Hope this helps .  Good luck , please let us know what happens. 

Telkom discontinued Mrs FC Mofokeng's Wayawaya 012 373 0478 landline account without any reason nor notice.  We were of the opinion that the line is faulty and reported it on 11 July 2018.  We got a response from Telkom  with a fault reference 153CTZ110718 that a matter is being addressed and further reassurance messages on 14, 17, 20 and 23 July 2018.  To our surprise, when we visited Telkom Office at Menlyn we were told that the line has been terminated as Telkom is migrating from Wayawaya to the new wireless service.  A new instrument has to be issued to us but Telkom has no stock. Until when should we wait for the new instruments to be delivered? This is frustrating as we are out of operation currently.

Astrid Vilakazi

Astrid.Vilakazi@dhs.gov.za

i am at my wits end...since april 2018 i have been trying to get my internet disconnected and my cellphoned changed to prepaid. I have been to telkom branches in port elizabeth and east london (who advised me to do business via telephone/internet, which is tried with no success) and has again tried to connect to internet for the last hour or so. The telkom branch in east londen even faxed/emailed copies of documents for me and still nothing. PLEASE HELP

About This Post