Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Porting

Good day

I have just ported my  MTN number to a new Telkom Contract, it worked well until i realized that calls from other network do not come through.

when they try to call me they get it says my number doesn't exist on the MTN Network while other people can still call me.

may you please assist.

Valued Contributor

Re: Porting

Hi @Thembani

Welcome to the community.  We’re customers in the forum so you’d need to enquire with Telkom support :-

https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/Announcements/Telkom-Service-Channels-How-to-get-Help/m-p/1768#M13

Send a message to a Telkom media support  team ( below) and ask them to check the call routing for a fault. There are sometimes faults where the system does not update  routing information and still tries to route to the old network after a port.

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

Hope this helps , please keep us posted - good luck.

Established Member

I am having the exact same issue. I signed up with Telkom a week ago. Many users can still not call me. There is a message that says my number does not exists. I have let Telkom know, but to date... they have not been able to fix
Valued Contributor

HI @Liza_macritchie

Perhaps try another call to their technical dept and request a call routing check as described below,

Then if no joy,  send a detailed complaint  a Telkom media support team  and ask them to check the call routing for a fault. There are sometimes faults where the system does not update  routing information and still tries to route to the old network after a port.

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

Hope this helps - good luck.

Established Member

Hi Kathy

Thanks for your response, but it didn't help. I have tried to contact Telkom via FB and Twitter. I am told to DM my info which I do straight away and then crickets.

They make Vodacom look like pros in a league of their own. If I can give advice to anyone in this community... stay with VODACOM!

From
Regret is my name
About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors