Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Complaint about service delivery

Complaint about service delivery

I am desperate and no matter how many calls I put to Telkom, I receive no joy.

I had a telephone relocated from one address to another, and that was done on 17.05. Our ADSL line was successfully processed , however the voice line has not been operational since the transfer. After many phone calls and posting fault enquiries on the Telkom website, it turns out that the job card has not been closed. And for this reason alone (I understand) we do not have a connected landline.

HOWEVER I was also informed by a call centre person that Telkom has a backlog of 7000 enquiries!!! Go figure! Telkom will lodge a debit order and collect the June premium for a service I do not have. Why is Telkom keeping this under wraps?

All I want is my telephone voiceline connected!!!!

Highlighted

Re: Complaint about service delivery

I wouldn't resort to putting this online if I was getting service and a positive outcome from the call centre!!!

SAME HERE - NO REPLIES 

THIS WAS MY MSG : 

I requested that a VOICE & ADSL Line be installed at my house, because the Telkom consultant advised that if I take a Voice Line, in addition to the ADSL, I will not have to pay an Installation Fee - Nonetheless, your technician came in & installed a voice line. A few days later, I called in to request that this Line be converted to ADSL, as that was my primary requirement, and the Consultant says that my Line is SEIZED and my ID number is not on the System - She refused to assist me further, and refused to let me speak to a Manager or transfer me to another Dept. Instead, she advised that she will relay the message and get Telkom to call me back. 2 days have passed and I am still waiting. I receive SMS's that you tried calling - but that is a LIE. I have my phone on and active 24/7 - I AM TICKED OFF NOW!! Someone better call me back and resolve this ASAP

I first asked for my Telkom number 0214399721 to be transferred to my new flat which was 2 doors away in May this year, and I will mention that it was well corresponded but unfortunately never transpired. To this day over 4 months later I am still billed for this number which I had to cancel in the end and order a new line at an extra charge. I called Telkom every single day for a month or more and just got told "EISH" I have been informed that my number is stuck in the system and that they cannot cancel it and that I must carry on paying for this service until Telkom is able to cancel it. I have been informed that I will be re-imbursed for all my overpayments but have to date received no "communication" to this effect. It concerns me greatly that a great monopoly holder like Telkom in this day and age of technology is actually going backwards as far as client service and "communications" are concerned. I would have thought in this new era that this sort of issue would have been sorted out within a working day. To add fuel to the fire my invoice is not regular as far as my billing address goes. I have reported on more occasions than I can remember and followed up with e-mails that you change my address on a regular basis. I cannot understand why unless this is a software problem. A typical Invoice will read My Name and then my address which changes and then my street address which is always and has always been incorrect for the last 15 years plus and then my suburb which has also been incorrect for the same amount of time.
As the technical folk that i have spoken to they insist that my street address is 3 York Road and not 8 York Road which it is. They also inform me that I stay in Sea Point/Greenpoint which are 2 different suburbs - I cannot use this for FICA or RICA purposes as it is a joke and has always been for the last 15 years plus. I ask you please to respond to me personally to my issues which I feel are not unreasonable. I am available either via my e-mail mikemummery@mweb.co.za or landline 0214330087 or Cell 0836751142 - Regards Mike - and extremely concerned about the future of TELKOM if this is the way forward

have been waiting  2 years to get mine fixed 

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 Contributors