Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Activation of Dlink SIM card

Apologies for the duplicate. First time for everything and did not realise that user account was not active and that it would post both after activation.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I agree this entire process was a nightmare and at no stage
Was the explanation you gave to me ever given to me by Telkom.
I have given up on this matter.

Thanks again for providing clarity.

Regards and best wishes

R Ranchod

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Rajenr,

I had similar issues and also called every possible department.  The Online Chat technical guys were the most helpfull in the end.

The process is as follows:

a) collect and have the SIM activated at a Telkom store

b) call Telkom sales at 10213 and asked them to have the SIM linked to your ADSL / TIN.  My understanding is that they create and order in the system and it then takes up to 48 hours to get linked.

Some at Telkom sales will make you believe the SIM is linked when it is not or even tell you the SIM is faulty.  All I can say is good luck finding the correct person.

Hope this will help.

Hi

I am on a 4 meg line. ADSL and router works without a problem. The sim in the Dlink dongle is we’re my challenge lies. The sim reflect it is not active.

I insert the sim card into a mini router and it is not working either. Been to Telkom stores 3 times. Every time they issue me with a new sim card and tried to activate it on the system without success. They then log an incident. I am still waiting after 3 incidents were logged.

The 1Gb data pm is included in my fibre optic package contract that I had signed..

Hi, after much frustration with the Telkom call centre (which by the way I understand is outsourced), I eventually called D Link. They very helpfully explained that the APN is not TelkomInternet as per the Telkom manual but simply internet. It worked! Problem solved.

About This Post
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 Contributors